Jlab bombora?
Dec 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lastbluesun

New Head-Fier
I've gotten a pair of the monoprice 8323s at the recommendation of this forum. I absolutely love the sound quality however they aren't the most comfortable or attractive looking headphones in the world. Because I keep my headphones around my neck almost all day, I wanted something that looked good without sacrificing quality (beats are quite guilty). I've stumbled upon the Jlab bombora headphones and they seem to fit the bill, however there are very few reviews on them. Do any of you know about these headphones or the company in general, and would you recommend them?

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 9
I have a pair of these that I bought on a whim from Amazon. First off they are nice looking headphones. Now for the sound. I find them very unacceptable. I have done the burn in as per there instruction. They can really boom the bass in right into the midrange, they have what there people tell me is a sound curve. When listening to a piece with vocals with a cymbal  keeping tempo in the backround it was hard to even hear the cymbal at all. To go further on this I used a video (Diana Krell Live In Paris). On track two there is a part where the Bass guitar and the drummer is just tapping the cymbals. At high volume the bass guitar is rattling the hell out of the phones but you can hear the cymbal. Turning the volume down fix's the bass guitar problem but now the cymbal is gone. I mean you can see it moving but no sound coming through. That's to sharp of a curve for me. They have offered to exchange them but I see no point in that becouse there is no defective there just not even a little bit accurate. I have five set's of headphone's and anyone of them can make a joke out of the Bombora. Even the least of my Phones (Sony V6s) makes these sound like junk. For my part from now on if I can't listen to the headphone first somewhere I'm not buying them.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 9
I have briefly spent some time with these. Absolute junk. Thudding bass with no texture and no clarity, sounds like its clipping at any volume. Highs are shrill and weak, mids recessed badly. it as if if somebody is hitting you on the head while bats squeak off in the distance.

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #7 of 9
  I have briefly spent some time with these. Absolute junk. Thudding bass with no texture and no clarity, sounds like its clipping at any volume. Highs are shrill and weak, mids recessed badly. it as if if somebody is hitting you on the head while bats squeak off in the distance.

I would have to agree. I bought a pair to try when they were on black friday sale on Amazon and they are garbage. They look nice (I got the blue ones) and they are pretty comfortable I must say for closed headphones. Sound quality is pretty awful even with burn in as quoted above. Same goes with build quality the first pair I got didn't even work correctly noticeably lower volume from the left cup, so I sent them back thinking maybe they were just broken and another pair would sound better but nope got the new pair same sound problems even had other people test them to make sure my ear wasn't screwed up or something all noticed a problem with the left ear. I think some of the fault with these may deal with the poorly made flat detachable cord. The bass is all thats really noticeable and that really doesn't even sound good just thud in the middle of mud. It's sad to say that they charge around $60 for these regularly while I only paid $30 they sound about as good maybe worse than my $25 Senn in ears I use at the gym. I say avoid. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #8 of 9
They look nice, but sound like muddy garbage. I got a pair in Groupon for $30 and still feel like I overpaid. They come in nice packaging, with a bag and fabric cord, but that's it. I am a big basshead, but it's so muddy and covered that you can't enjoy any music.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 9
If you want some bassy headphones at this price range, I would reccomend the Phillips citiscape downtown.
My favorite headphone at this price range is the koss prodj100 btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back