jitterbug
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
I have used this for some time (believing it worked) but still found my laptop usb to my irdac2 flat and without the life or vibrancy or vinyl.

I took the jitterbug out of circuit and the sound became much more lifelike and vibrant and listenable. I wonder if there was a conflict with my kimber usb cable as it seemed wo work with the chord mojo.

Has anyone else found their system better without the jitterbug?

d

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 2
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...audioquest-jitterbug-usb-filter-review.10205/

Conclusions
We can easily demonstrate that devices like JitterBug cannot work. USB is a high-speed bus. You cannot filter it without causing the data to be corrupted. So any filtering that JitterBug performs there must be well into Megahertz region and hence outside of audible band. Since data transmission to a USB DAC is highly reliable anyway, filter does no good. As to filtering of the USB power, the DAC itself has a regulator and filter of its own. Adding the tiny bit of filtering JitterBug has is like spitting in an ocean and expecting its level to rise.

But it is always good to confirm our understandings using precise measurements. Measurements that can dig way, way deeper than levels we can hear. There, across four different DACs, there is no difference that can be detected in any measurement from distortion to noise and jitter. The only differences were seen were negative in the form of tiny output level and increased jitter in Modi 2.

Bottom line, the AudioQuest Jitterbug does one only one thing: it filters your bank account, reducing your balance by $60. If anyone can demonstrate that it makes an audible difference in a controlled blind test, I will donate US $600 to the charity of their choosing.

Please save your money folks. Give it to Charity. Go have a great dinner. Anything but rewarding people who build these useless devices that attempt to solve problems that don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back