JIMO KENNERTON
May 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Kennerton Team

Member of the Trade: Kennerton

Imagine if you could enjoy your favorite band concert everywhere. Take that kilowatt stage loudspeaker, power it from your phone, and enjoy a true live concert power. Now you can expirience it with Jimo - dynamic earphone that delivers astonishing bass, thanks to dedicated subwoofer driver. And not only quantity, but also quality-wise! And clarity, and speed. It is here too.

Driver used in Jimo are very unusual. It is designed by famous Japanese company commissioned by the FA. Speaker uses two membranes in coaxial arrangement, playing in opposite sides. 8 mm membrane - is responsible for middle and top frequencies, and plays straight to the ear. While 10mm membrane is responsible for the low frequencies, and is playing at the back of the housing, where sound wave is reflected and finally reaches ear.

Such construction of bass section have numerous advantages, and can be frequently seen in home subwoofers, where bass driver are mounted towards the floor.

Some more highlights:
  1. Easy pairing for most players or other portable devices.
  2. Ergonomic housing made of aircraft-grade aluminum, provides comfortable fit and excellent noise isolation.
  3. Removable braided cable is soft and flexible, but still possess sufficient strength.
  4. Stylish metallic splitter.
  5. Gift packaging is very compact and is sustained in the general style Kennerton.
  6. Rich accessory pack, including 7 pairs of soft silicone tips of different sizes and types, dense miniature case and more

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 20
These look absolutely amazing, I'd love to give them a listen sometime!! Also the packaging makes for a memorable unboxing experience I tip my hat to that my friends.

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #10 of 20
Not quite- the CKR9 and 10 use two similar drivers connected in parallel (I presume this is some form of isobaric bass loading arrangement). The Kennertons seem to use two different drivers (although one does work out of phase, firing at the back of the fairly inert housing). I presume that they must have some sort of crossover.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #11 of 20
Very interesting ! I would like to see how this sound. Design is looking pretty good. Dual dynamic drivers ? i agreed that CKr9-10 are parallel and in the same phase, they also do not utilize resonance or reflex acoustic design. Through the history of sounds that I have seen so far, there has been quiet many attempts at utilizing these 2 elements. Mostly failed lol....there were more than a few occasions that I also attempted:D it myself, and also failed on my large home system.......hence this is so interesting.

I assume the 8mm is of different material to the 10 mm ? Can we have a disclosure of what material those are using ?:D

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 20
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #15 of 20

Of the Kennerton line, it is my favourite.

I actually have it in my possession (an impulse buy while waiting for something else) and like it quite a lot. Problem is I have too many things to play with lately that I didn't really give it as much time as it deserves. I haven't tried the other offerings from Kennerton though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back