Jimmy Eat World
Sep 9, 2001 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
I just picked up this cd called Bleed American by a new-found favourite band of mine, Jimmy Eat World. The reason I chose it over Coldplay was because of the very low price of only $10 CDN. The title track (Bleed American) is the first song so far to get radio play and mtv/muchmusic airtime, and it's really catchy and is moving up the chart [the personal chart in my head!]

I recommend giving it a try, as I like nearly every single song on the cd - except for one. If you're wondering where you can see them, they're on the Warped Tour (or is it Edgefest?....I get the two mixed up...) with Blink 182, New Found Glory, and a bunch of other people.

Please give it a listen, its really cool:
Here's some links (directly from the Jimmy Eat World site) to play the whole song, since the 30-second previews on CDNow kind of sucked:Hi and low . Enjoy!

Ps, I'm in no way affiliated with JimmyEat World, I just really like the music!

Sep 9, 2001 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 4
are those guys like kinda indie/emo type music? i really remember the name, buy i can't remember from where. hm... i'll think a little, see if i remember.

oh yeah, i think they have a split CD with Hot Water Music. i think at least. i'll check on that too. brb.

Sep 14, 2001 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 4
They have a split cd with a band called Jebediah, who I've never heard of.
Listen to 'Bleed American' (the full 3 minutes), by Jimmy Eat World, Here:
Hi Version
Low Version

PS, It gets really good after about 2:00 in my opinion.

Pleeeeease do yourself a favour and listen to it! -At least the last minute! [sad puppy face]
frown.gif
[/sad puppy face]

Sep 14, 2001 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes they're indie/emo, a little bit softer and melancholy than most I think. They're trying to go more mainstream; not sure how their new album sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back