JHAudio JH13 vs Shure SE535...How vast is the difference?
Dec 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Speederlander

100+ Head-Fier
I really need portability. I am on a lot of overseas flights. So solid background noise reduction is a must.

So, assuming cost isn't the factor, and taking into account the key points of:
comfort (long term over many hours)
background noise reduction
sound quality

Would I be better served by JH13 or SE535? Is SQ with the JH13 that much better than the SE535's?

I am somewhat concerned with 3+ months of back and forth with the custom ear phones due to having to iterate the fit or possibly never getting the ideal fit. I am prepared to get a mold by an audiologist next week, but I just would like some feedback on these points. Is the JH13 just leagues above the SE535 or are the differences ultimately small degrees of improvement?

Thanks.

Dec 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 3
JH13Pro been compared to HD800, Edition 9, ES10 and many other very high end fullsize headphones and SE535 are nowhere near these fullsize cans. So JH13Pro are much better IEMs but sound like fullsize headphones with much extended highs, crisp detailed mids, deep punchy bass and spurb imaging with huge soundstage.

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
I went back and forth and didn't get it perfect but it is still much better than any universal fit by far.  The sound is also pretty amazing but i have to admit it took a little bit of time before i really heard the "sound" which is layers, separation and richness that i wasn't accustom to.  Once i "got it" i was amazed and could see the accolades.  My main problem is with iems in general though due to noise created by my body or footfalls.  A few people have had it and responded as such too.  I was hoping the custom design would alleviate that but it didn't.  Still they work well in many situations and kill my Triple-fi's which i consider on the same level if not better than the Shure flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back