JH13v2 vs Angie
Apr 16, 2016 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

coprhead6

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone.
I'm a very satisfied JH5 owner of two years looking to upgrade. These puppies have been my favorite headphones of all time and I'd like to stay with this company for my next set. Also, since I already own a set of IEMs from JH I will get a 20% off my next order!
I'm an avid Classical Music and indie rock lover with tons of CDs and a Spotify Premium membership. As my source, I plan to use my IPhone and IPad without an amp and look forward to buying the iPhone 7 when it's released (sans 3.5mm jack).
Should I go for the Angies or the new 13v2s? I haven't seen any comparisons of these two models anywhere. Will these IEMs be wasted without an amp? Should I go with a mid-their model like the 10x3s or 11s instead?

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 3
I just picked up a pair of Angies on the classified listings here. If you're willing to buy used, you can get them under $600. The extra money you save can be spent on a DAP :)

The Angies sound great out of my phone, but they definitely scale better with gear. I'm not great at describing sound, but I can hear a lot more detail when I plug them into my amp at home. A quality DAP should give you an increase in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back