JH13 pro freqphase or astell&kern ak120 ii?
Mar 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pindi

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently use an iphone 4 with shure se535s with custom sleeves. 

Was thinking about upgrading but not going to go all out at once.  I'm thinking either upgrade the iems to jh13 pro freqphase or upgrade the iphone 4 to an astell&kern 120 ii.

Which would you guys go for?  To be honest, I'm feeling like I still haven't got the best out of the se535s.  I occasionally use them with a portable amp but can't be arsed lugging around two devices.

I would wait for the new ibasso to drop but I haven't a clue when that'll be.  I can get the ak120 mk i for about £500 less (used) than a new mk ii so undecided even on which dap to get.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, I really do want the AK but still unsure. Do you reckon the mkii warrants a £500 premium over an, albeit used, mki?

Which do you think would offer the biggest sonic upgrade to my setup as it is now? The iems or AK?

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 4
I have always believed changing headphones has a much greater impact on the sound quality than changing electronics - as long as the electronics you have meet the minimum requirements of the headphones. That's exactly why I suggested the new IEMs. However, the AK DAPs are incredibly nice pieces of kit and I would love to own one. I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about the differences between the versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back