JH13 Pro: amp or no amp?
Jan 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

SoundBite

New Head-Fier
If I listen at moderately low level, will I notice a clear easily noticable positive diference with the addition of an amp? (Portable, small, equal quality). I use an iPod classic and apple lossless. Thanks

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundBite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I listen at moderately low level, will I notice a clear easily noticable positive diference with the addition of an amp? (Portable, small, equal quality). I use an iPod classic and apple lossless. Thanks

Some may disagree but personally I just use the fiio E5 for the bass boost since I find the JH13 bass to be lacking. It doesn't affect the clarity one bit and gives the bass the punch that I felt it was lacking. The JH13's are super neutral so the bass never really thumps unamped. It's a cheap amp but I didn't find anything else wrong with the JH13 so the extra bass is all that I needed.

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cheap amp , cheap sound :p

Shouldn't we believe a user who actually uses the above combo when he says it does not ruin the sound one bit ?
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some may disagree but personally I just use the fiio E5 for the bass boost since I find the JH13 bass to be lacking. It doesn't affect the clarity one bit and gives the bass the punch that I felt it was lacking. The JH13's are super neutral so the bass never really thumps unamped. It's a cheap amp but I didn't find anything else wrong with the JH13 so the extra bass is all that I needed.

Thanks for the advice, though the following comments were confusing since I have NO experience with amps. Further clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13 bass lacking? Are you sure you have a good seal?

Yes, I have a perfect fit. Others have posted that they feel the same way regarding the bass of the JH 13's. For example when I listen to the JH13 and compare it to my UM3X the UM3X has more punch and impact but when amped the JH13 bass reveals more layers and overall sounds more accurate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried fiio E5 with Lod and my iPhone and it was quite worse than HO of Iphone. Yes it added some warm to sound, but it also veiled detail and highs, really no improvment.

Interesting, the highs and mids stay the same for me when I use the E5 with my Ipod Classic. The only thing that changes is the bass and if I turn of the bass boost it sounds as if I weren't listening out of an amp.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Yes, I have a perfect fit. Others have posted that they feel the same way regarding the bass of the JH 13's. For example when I listen to the JH13 and compare it to my UM3X the UM3X has more punch and impact but when amped the JH13 bass reveals more layers and overall sounds more accurate.

Well, maybe it is me. I have both UM3x and JH13, I find JH13 have more bass than UM3x amp or no amp.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, maybe it is me. I have both UM3x and JH13, I find JH13 have more bass than UM3x amp or no amp.

Out of your iphone? I don't know because they definetly lack the impact and punch of the UM3X to me. They just sound very very neutral.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Interesting post, I will quote it in my sig for a while.
wink.gif

Waiting for other JH13 owners coming into this thread.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back