JH13 and an Obsession
Nov 12, 2009 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yunaforever009

Head-Fier
So, I have perused this forum for countless hours and would initially like to say thank you to all who put in hours of work reviewing and moderating and answering questions both from novices and experts. (novices like me!)

I first purchased a Klipsch X10 back in June along with a HD595 and Audioengine A5's. And can't go back. At all. The sound each is able to put out... is so unique that I wanted to go around to everyone I knew and be like, listen to this, you are ruining your music with those muddy ipod buds. But I was nice, and didn't want to break their wallets.

Then a sad day came when the Klipsch was no more. And now, after saving up for a while now, I am probably going to order a set of the JH13Pro's within a month.

So now, a last question before I settle the score with my wallet and possibly my firstborn as a sacrifice, am I making a good decision choosing the JH13 over say, a JH10X3 or a UE11/UE7? I am leaning greatly towards what people have described in their appreciation of the JH13 and how it sounds, but with being in this league, I guess I am just hesitant until knowing that I am making the best choice. Which is subjective, yes, but c'est la vie. (And what is the JH16? Apparently not for music listening but for stage-craft?)

Thank you all again in advance!

I think another main issue is that until I actually get a pair of high end custom IEMs, my obsession with these pieces of art won't go away...

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 7
JH13 Pro all the way!

I have been following the UM3X appreciation thread and read virtually every post since it was literally going to be my next purchase. After having read the entire thread, I decided to instead pick up a pair of fun IEMs (triple.fi 10's) and hold off until I can gather the funds to purchase the JH13 Pros.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm in the same situation as deus. Love my Triple Fis, and can't even imagine how amazing the JH-13 would sound... Cost of ear impressions + $1,100... that's no joke, but I guess I should be starting a JH-13 fund soon.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 7
I've had mine for three and a half months and am still rather obsessed with them, and l literally have them in my ears for 8+ hours a day.

The problem with buying anything else like the 10s or 11s is that you will always have that nagging question in the back of your mind (at least I would) of how much better do the 13s sound?

If you are going to make the investment, just go for it. They are well worth it IMHO.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had mine for three and a half months and am still rather obsessed with them, and l literally have them in my ears for 8+ hours a day.

The problem with buying anything else like the 10s or 11s is that you will always have that nagging question in the back of your mind (at least I would) of how much better do the 13s sound?

If you are going to make the investment, just go for it. They are well worth it IMHO.

This makes mw feel even more secure with my descision of the JH-13's. I got my impressions made, and sent them to JH today. Thanks!

yunaforever009: save up, it'll (hopefully) be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back