JH OWNERS-fitment question please
Feb 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Z06_Pilot

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

Got my JH16's a little over a week ago.  The sound was, well, it's J. Harvey, so it was phenomenal....

However, the low end was missing in action.  the IEM's seemed very snug in my ears, as they were fully seated.  I noticed if I applied very slight inward pressure on each IEM into my ears, the bass magically appeared.  I could also hear much more ambient noise than I thought I should.  So, I sent them back to JH wondering if I needed more material added to give a good seal.

Got them back today, and they are improved, but the low end just seems to be missing punch-it is more present than before, but not by a lot.  The left ear is much better than the right.  So it seems I still don't have a good seal.

I'm just wondering if any of you have had to go through several fittings to get a really good seal?

thanks

Jeff

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Mine fit fine but I had crossover imbalance issues which were never corrected.  Good luck.  I'll probably never buy another high end universal again.  Not worth it IMHO.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 4
i have the jh13. never had to send it back for refits. had a bit of comfort issue at first but i think my ears needed adjusting. now they are fine. i can wear them for hours and not feel a thing now

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Don"t mean to be ripping on JH.  My experiences have been...

JH5:  Fit perfectly right away.  Still using 15 months now.  Have sweat buckets with them working out.  Still work like new.

JH13:  Fit perfect as well.

JH16:  Fit perfect but had the imbalance issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back