jh opinions/experiences .. or bass-heavy recommendations
Feb 24, 2010 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

thyssen

New Head-Fier
i currently have UE Superfi 5 EB (extended bass) 's and i just got back from the UE place in Irvine where i tested out the demo models for the 10's,11's, and the new 18's and was kinda dissapointed. they're all lacking in the bass dept for the price tag that they have IMO . They said that after they're fitted to my ears, that they would have twice as much bass .. but i still think there should have been more on those universal demos compared to my year old universal 5 EB's. I'm thinking of checking out the new JH16's that are shipping next month but would like to hear some opinions on the JH13's from anyone who has had or tried them and may or may not have tried the UE's . I'm looking for A LOT MORE BASS than i already have .. the most i can get ..really. I just had a bad experience with Livewire Triples... after reading so many good reviews .. i had a pair made for me (twice actually) and the bass was totally non-existent so its hard to believe what i read online. If anyone can point me in the right direction (the bass-heavy direction) for iem's ..custom or universal .. i'd appreciate it.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 9
Universal bass heavy IEMs like IE8, Westone 3, JVC FX500 or FX700, Denon C710, ATH_CKS70 and Turbine Pro. To me Custom IEMs like UE10Pro has pretty good bass impact but UE11Pro will even improve further. BTW i use IE8, UE5EB, Custom UE10Pro and these all has really good bass impact.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 9
I've got the 13's on order so can't help you there. I own the UE 11's, and I can assure you that as customs that they have more than enough bass. The main reason I decided to order the 13's was I am finding that the bass from the 11's can sometimes overwhelm the other frequencies, and I am looking for better balance. But alas, they are very expensive, so if you get what you need in a universal, why spend the money.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm a bass head, and I recently picked up the Denon C710s. I actually had to turn the bass down on the EQ for them. Plus I got them on the cheap for like $90.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Why did you get the JH13s instead of the JH16s?

Great avatar, btw.

Thanks, can't go wrong with a little KK. I spoke with Jerry on Monday and he went through the differences between the 13's and the 16's. The thing that really stood out to me was he said that for you to really hear the tip up in the bass and lower mids, you really have to drive them with some serious bass heavy music (like when performers are using them on stage). I don't really do electronica or anything like that. So for what I listen to (classic rock, jazz, blues), I wouldn't really see that little bit of extra bass. Put on top of that almost 9 months of nothing but awesome reviews, and I was sold.

As a bonus, I'll have them next week instead of the middle of march.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back