JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #512 of 534
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #514 of 534
Hi everyone! New to this forum but glad to see lots of candid sharing on Sharona, very helpful! I'm a big fan of JH and currently own a custom JH13 and a universal Layla II and struggling if i should get a Sharona given this is a hefty amount of investment and as I'm based in Hong Kong, there isn't any outlet i can try a demo.

Honestly im very comfortable with the sound quality of Layla II but just the universal fit doesn't quite "fit" for me. I wonder if any of you have a Layla II and share your thoughts if it worths the upgrade in terms of sound quality otherwise this is just a difference between custom vs universal fit for me. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #515 of 534
That’s a tough one. I haven’t heard the Layla. I do have a Roxanne and a Jolene and I think, for my ears at least that the Sharona is a pretty big leap forward in sound quality over those two. Mind you they’re all great. But the thing I notice about the Sharona is just how natural it sounds. Music and instruments just sound like music and instruments. I don’t know how to describe that, but it’s less like you’re listening to a headphone and more like you’re just hearing the recording and the music. I think the Sharona is truly special that way. It just sounds right and true. Great impact in the bass, stellar detail retrieval. It’s just really excellent. They are expensive, so I think it’s just kind of a personal decision based on finances and how important those types of relatively small gains are to you. I do believe it is the best earphone in the JH lineup, based on the ones I have heard of course. Wish I had experience with the Layla, might be a little more help there. But I will say I think you’d find it to be superior in sound quality to the ones you have. But taste and preference is so personal and singular to each person, it’s hard to say. I do really love the Sharona, for what that’s worth.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #516 of 534
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #518 of 534
That’s a tough one. I haven’t heard the Layla. I do have a Roxanne and a Jolene and I think, for my ears at least that the Sharona is a pretty big leap forward in sound quality over those two. Mind you they’re all great. But the thing I notice about the Sharona is just how natural it sounds. Music and instruments just sound like music and instruments. I don’t know how to describe that, but it’s less like you’re listening to a headphone and more like you’re just hearing the recording and the music. I think the Sharona is truly special that way. It just sounds right and true. Great impact in the bass, stellar detail retrieval. It’s just really excellent. They are expensive, so I think it’s just kind of a personal decision based on finances and how important those types of relatively small gains are to you. I do believe it is the best earphone in the JH lineup, based on the ones I have heard of course. Wish I had experience with the Layla, might be a little more help there. But I will say I think you’d find it to be superior in sound quality to the ones you have. But taste and preference is so personal and singular to each person, it’s hard to say. I do really love the Sharona, for what that’s worth.
Hi everyone! New to this forum but glad to see lots of candid sharing on Sharona, very helpful! I'm a big fan of JH and currently own a custom JH13 and a universal Layla II and struggling if i should get a Sharona given this is a hefty amount of investment and as I'm based in Hong Kong, there isn't any outlet i can try a demo.

Honestly im very comfortable with the sound quality of Layla II but just the universal fit doesn't quite "fit" for me. I wonder if any of you have a Layla II and share your thoughts if it worths the upgrade in terms of sound quality otherwise this is just a difference between custom vs universal fit for me. Thanks!!
Hello! The Layla and The Sharona are two totally different earpieces, sonically. The Layla offers a flat, accurate response while the Sharona offers a powerful low-end response along with an airy top end. The super-tweeters used in this piece allow for an extension all the way out to 25kHz. Sonically, the user will notice separation, clarity, and extreme detail, making it an excellent choice for hi-fi audio.

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #519 of 534
It's a pack that connects to a PC and allows the user to choose from presets or create their own sound signatures via the GUI software!
Thanks for clarifying AJ! Sounds interesting!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #520 of 534
I am just checking more info about pearl & ruby.

for the spec of ruby, it is quad high quad mid quad low (BA drivers?) that showing on JH website. But Jerry did a youtube demo last year & said that there was a tribrid prototype that will be shipped with pearl. So ruby is not that tribrid prototype right?

I am so curious about the auto-tuning of tribrid iem with pearl, cant wait to hear the outcome.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #523 of 534
Just realised that JH audio filed chapter 11 for bankruptcy Dec last year. Are we still able to place orders for custom IEM? How can we ensure delivery not impacted?
We are operating business as usual! Our turnaround time is approx 15-30 business days depending on the designs and materials selected. Please email me at AJD@JHAudio.com to get your order placed!

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #524 of 534
I am just checking more info about pearl & ruby.

for the spec of ruby, it is quad high quad mid quad low (BA drivers?) that showing on JH website. But Jerry did a youtube demo last year & said that there was a tribrid prototype that will be shipped with pearl. So ruby is not that tribrid prototype right?

I am so curious about the auto-tuning of tribrid iem with pearl, cant wait to hear the outcome.
A tribrid piece is in the works to offer a lower price point to entry on the pearl pack!

Feb 28, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #525 of 534
Just realised that JH audio filed chapter 11 for bankruptcy Dec last year. Are we still able to place orders for custom IEM? How can we ensure delivery not impacted?
Chapter 11 bankruptcy is a reorganization option for businesses. It is designed to keep businesses alive and pay creditors over time. It is also a way for businesses to seek relief. It would not generally interrupt product manufacturing or lead time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back