JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #436 of 534
We teamed up with Digico to create a device that plugs into the IEMS which allows the user to upload sound signatures via software!
I'll be attending New York city canjam but I was also planning a visit to the Orlando office for demo/impressions(Friday) will this unit be available to demo on site or at canjam. I could get my impressions done in NYC instead too if Orlando doesn't have the device.

Thank you

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #437 of 534
Have there been any measurements of the Sharona other than those previously provided by Jerry Harvey?

I do not believe they do so in general. I don't recall an official one being posted for the Sharona either off the top of my head.

Feb 13, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #438 of 534
I do not believe they do so in general. I don't recall an official one being posted for the Sharona either off the top of my head.
11761774.png
Source: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jh-...mpressions-thread.963201/page-2#post-16947756

I would like to see independent measurements of the the Sharona. I'm surprised JH hasn't sent universal demo units to reviewers like Jude and Crinacle.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #439 of 534
Feb 13, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #440 of 534
I'll be attending New York city canjam but I was also planning a visit to the Orlando office for demo/impressions(Friday) will this unit be available to demo on site or at canjam. I could get my impressions done in NYC instead too if Orlando doesn't have the device.

Thank you
Definitely inquire when you’re in Orlando! I don’t have it available in NYC.

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #441 of 534
More Sharona measurements. JH really needs to improve their website and overall marketing.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #442 of 534
More Sharona measurements. JH really needs to improve their website and overall marketing.

This is mine:

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 12.18.34.png

To be fair, most brands don't provide measurements of their IEMs online. Even the units that Crinacle measures, for example, are of store demo units, and not ones sent directly to him. So, if anything, JH ought to make their demos more available for people to listen to, which I can agree with.

Feb 23, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #443 of 534
Hello fellow Sharona'ers. I'll go ahead and entertain you with the big release of my third single today, called "On My Own"!

(Been using my JH Sharonas in the DJ room at Point Blank Music School this term, and the Sharonas have been working absolute wonders for me. I've also been using them to perform my new song with a karaoke version of the tune playing -- with the main vocal removed that I sing live.)

My new single, "On My Own," is an '80s-style dance-pop thriller that takes you on a journey, and with lyrics about finding your place where you're happy.

Written, composed, produced, mixed, mastered, and performed all by......me.

Maybe one of the staff members at Jerry Harvey can forward this song to their Artist Relations department. :handshake: :relieved:

Once I'm done with music school in Los Angeles this summer, I plan on going back out into the world again, and since last November, my sights have been set on Osaka, Japan. I think there’s still quite a bit of a market in Japan for my favorite kinds of music. And Osaka seems to be like the “Chongqing” of Japan – where people are really friendly and want to make friends with you, and with a lower cost of living than Tokyo.

Anyway, enjoy the song...and please share. You also can find it (and its instrumental "B-side") on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc. Bon appetit.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #444 of 534
This is mine:

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 12.18.34.png

To be fair, most brands don't provide measurements of their IEMs online. Even the units that Crinacle measures, for example, are of store demo units, and not ones sent directly to him. So, if anything, JH ought to make their demos more available for people to listen to, which I can agree with.
Would be interesting to see that with the bass turned down 6db.

Apr 13, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #445 of 534
Been a while since I posted on HF, due to personal circumstances and hard times for me (my mother died mid january, I was there with her...) but I must say Sharona have been there for me to enjoy music as very very few IEMs have been able to do. Those are unique and given the circumstances I didn't even send them back for the QC fix, no time and energy plus I have a hard time imagining parting with them at all.

Sharona are such soulful companions, I have had a hard time picking up anything else these past few months... RS8 is a fantastic match as a source, but I found myself rocking the Sharona on the go with iFi Go Blu as well. This little device is a wonder really!

After a few months I can say Sharona have taken the 1st spot in terms of matching my taste in signature and get the most airtime after almost 5 months with them. The only other IEMs getting any airtime are my top 5. I am just content with them and it's been a while since I have not wanted for anything more, it's all about musical enjoyment pure soul healing joy!

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #446 of 534
Been a while since I posted on HF, due to personal circumstances and hard times for me (my mother died mid january, I was there with her...) but I must say Sharona have been there for me to enjoy music as very very few IEMs have been able to do. Those are unique and given the circumstances I didn't even send them back for the QC fix, no time and energy plus I have a hard time imagining parting with them at all.

Sharona are such soulful companions, I have had a hard time picking up anything else these past few months... RS8 is a fantastic match as a source, but I found myself rocking the Sharona on the go with iFi Go Blu as well. This little device is a wonder really!

After a few months I can say Sharona have taken the 1st spot in terms of matching my taste in signature and get the most airtime after almost 5 months with them. The only other IEMs getting any airtime are my top 5. I am just content with them and it's been a while since I have not wanted for anything more, it's all about musical enjoyment pure soul healing joy!
I’m so sorry for your loss, David. ‘Glad to hear you’ve at least found solace in something. 😊

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #447 of 534

After a few months I can say Sharona have taken the 1st spot in terms of matching my taste in signature and get the most airtime after almost 5 months with them. The only other IEMs getting any airtime are my top 5. I am just content with them and it's been a while since I have not wanted for anything more, it's all about musical enjoyment pure soul-healing joy!
My condolences.

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #448 of 534
Thanks guys much appreciated :pray:

Apr 28, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #449 of 534
@Deezel177 So I have given this much thought and I love the Sharona so much I need the missing piece and as you hinted, Cleopatra II (chose octa) is on the wayn (thanks Andrew @MusicTeck as usual) and I can't wait to see how this pairing turns out... well, since N7 is coming as well this is going to be a fun next week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back