JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #286 of 534
Oct 28, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #287 of 534
Am so glad to be joining the "Sharona Club" on this thread! I just got my pair of Sharonas ordered this afternoon during my visit to Musicians Hearing Solutions in Beverly Hills. (Also got my ear-impression molds made, plus ordering a pair of custom musician earplugs and custom sleep earplugs.)

I first heard a pair of Sharonas at CanJam SoCal in September, and it was the only pair of IEMs that met my standards for sound quality. These put out about 75-to-80 percent the sound quality of my longtime, lovely, trusty V-Moda M-100s. No other model or brand of IEM even comes close to this.

And then, during the "post-CanJam" meetup in the L.A. area on October 1st, I met a gal named Alexis from that consulting firm who told me about the place in Beverly Hills.

Anyway, during the IEM demo there today, the audiologist had a demo pair of both the Sharonas and Roxannes. So, I got to hear the Sharonas again for the first time since CanJam to solidify my confidence in my choice of IEMs. The Roxannes sounded OK, and are probably the 2nd-best-sounding IEMs I've ever heard, but didn't quite have the detail or clarity of the Sharonas.

My Sharona order includes the "Blue Glitter" aesthetic add-on design for both the body and faceplate on both earphones. The left earphone will have a silver Sharona "S" logo, and the right side a silver Jerry Harvey Flygirl.

Anyway, I can't wait to start DJ'ing and performing sometime next year (probably in East Asia) once I'm done with music school at Point Blank here in L.A.! The Sharonas are gonna look good and kick some major butt with the sound quality for live performances in loud environments...that's for sure!

I look forward to posting pics once I receive them later next month, again after I get my Pioneer XDJ-XZ DJ deck-and-mixer set next spring, and then, eventually......every-now-and-then with my actual live performances. Can't wait! :beerchug:

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #288 of 534
Sharona will come standard with the T2 Connector/Cable and our standard free color/artwork options. It does not come with a 2-pin. The T2 Cable is made out of the same High Purity OFC 4N Silver-Plated Litz Wire as our entire cable lineup. Our bass-attenuated cables are available for Sharona via the 3D Designer drop-down menu if you prefer the 7-pin or 4-pin options.

We decided to go with the T2 connector because it allows us to keep the shell size down with 16-drivers installed. This is especially important for our musicians as they prefer the low-profile look while performing. We've been able to keep these 16-driver Sharona's just as low as our 12-driver models. Unlike the classic 2-pin, the T2 is rated to be resistant to sweat exposure, which is also a big factor for musicians on stage.

At the end of the day, we're a custom house and we can build *almost* anything you want. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask.

Excited for everyone to hear it. If you're near one of our office locations, reach out and set up a demo. (Orlando, LA, Nashville, Austin, NYC, Vegas, Atlanta, and London) We'll be at NAMM and CanJam Chicago next month as well.
Hi @nedplimpton, long time Angie (a poor man's Layla as Moon Audio's Drew Baird puts it :D ) user here. I'm very interested in upgrading to Sharona. I like how the Sharona cobalt design looks in your pictures. But I found the shell color of the cobalt design was no longer black on JHA website. Now it's blue/black. I guess the design had been changed since then? Is it still possible to order Sharona exactly like the ones in your pictures? Thanks!
Tom

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #289 of 534
Thanks guys, I thought the T2 connectors would be a variation of the traditional 2 pin connectors :laughing:
I see you have the Contour XO. Comparing frequency graphs to e.g the U12T it seems that mids are suppressed and perhaps a little in the background… I see you’ve had both… possible to get a comparison?

Thanks!!

Nov 2, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #290 of 534
Hi @nedplimpton, long time Angie (a poor man's Layla as Moon Audio's Drew Baird puts it :D ) user here. I'm very interested in upgrading to Sharona. I like how the Sharona cobalt design looks in your pictures. But I found the shell color of the cobalt design was no longer black on JHA website. Now it's blue/black. I guess the design had been changed since then? Is it still possible to order Sharona exactly like the ones in your pictures? Thanks!
Tom
@tomwoo Can you please call me on 732-492-7021 when you're free so we can talk through design options and get you exactly what you're looking for! Thanks!

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #291 of 534
@tomwoo Can you please call me on 732-492-7021 when you're free so we can talk through design options and get you exactly what you're looking for! Thanks!
Hi AJ, thanks for reaching out. I was able to get hold of JH Audio's design team and was told they could do Hyper Black with Sharona Signature faceplates, so it's all good. Thanks!

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #292 of 534
Am so glad to be joining the "Sharona Club" on this thread! I just got my pair of Sharonas ordered this afternoon during my visit to Musicians Hearing Solutions in Beverly Hills. (Also got my ear-impression molds made, plus ordering a pair of custom musician earplugs and custom sleep earplugs.)

I first heard a pair of Sharonas at CanJam SoCal in September, and it was the only pair of IEMs that met my standards for sound quality. These put out about 75-to-80 percent the sound quality of my longtime, lovely, trusty V-Moda M-100s. No other model or brand of IEM even comes close to this.

And then, during the "post-CanJam" meetup in the L.A. area on October 1st, I met a gal named Alexis from that consulting firm who told me about the place in Beverly Hills.

Anyway, during the IEM demo there today, the audiologist had a demo pair of both the Sharonas and Roxannes. So, I got to hear the Sharonas again for the first time since CanJam to solidify my confidence in my choice of IEMs. The Roxannes sounded OK, and are probably the 2nd-best-sounding IEMs I've ever heard, but didn't quite have the detail or clarity of the Sharonas.

My Sharona order includes the "Blue Glitter" aesthetic add-on design for both the body and faceplate on both earphones. The left earphone will have a silver Sharona "S" logo, and the right side a silver Jerry Harvey Flygirl.

Anyway, I can't wait to start DJ'ing and performing sometime next year (probably in East Asia) once I'm done with music school at Point Blank here in L.A.! The Sharonas are gonna look good and kick some major butt with the sound quality for live performances in loud environments...that's for sure!

I look forward to posting pics once I receive them later next month, again after I get my Pioneer XDJ-XZ DJ deck-and-mixer set next spring, and then, eventually......every-now-and-then with my actual live performances. Can't wait! :beerchug:
I'm really curious about the V-Moda M-100s. Seriously, you're comparing a 400$ item to a 2300$ one. Despite the fact that these are two different kinds of products, they're also in different price ranges, and the price gap is too big, not to mention that in-ear monitors nowadays are very competitive, and considered by a vast number of reviewers to be comparable to full-size cans of the same price price bracket (except for the soundstage attribute obviously)

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #293 of 534
I see you have the Contour XO. Comparing frequency graphs to e.g the U12T it seems that mids are suppressed and perhaps a little in the background… I see you’ve had both… possible to get a comparison?

Thanks!!
Here is a quote from a mini-comparison between the U12T and the Contour XO that is written by me for @pashaharrison back when I had both of them:

the U12T mid-range:
- A great deal thinner since things are pushed further.
- Have more high-mid presence (like a lot).

The center imaging of the U12T is also more diffused while it's more focused, more positionally accurate, bigger, and a lot more impactful

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #294 of 534
I sold the U12T simply because it couldn't hold a candle to the Contour XO in terms of technicalities.

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #295 of 534
Sharona will be 20% off during Black Friday and Sheena will be 15% off, FYI!

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #296 of 534
Nov 3, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #297 of 534
Nov 3, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #298 of 534
Nov 3, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #300 of 534
Sharona will be 20% off during Black Friday and Sheena will be 15% off, FYI!
Sales will be greatly impacted until Black Friday LOL.
EDIT: the sale is already on...no need to wait for the actual BF.
FYI the discount only applies to the base price but not to design add-ons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back