JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #256 of 534
now 7 pin option is 240$ for every model except contour xo I think next week iem is Roxanne replace with t2 connection and 7 pin option for 240$,
Even at $240, I’m still going 7 pin. It just seems the most robust to me, and I have to have bass control. I have the bass turned down substantially on the Roxanne and the Sharona. I feel like they both need it to match my taste at least. The only one I have that I wouldn’t have needed the bass pod on is the Jolene. That one I leave wide open, but I’m still glad I have the option. I’m a 7 pin guy and will be until they don’t let you get it anymore. It’s more money now, but my goodness everything is more expensive now. Pretty much every business across the board has had to raise prices of consumer items pretty substantially… so I get it. It’s unfortunate… but I’m sure it’s something they have to do so they can remain profitable and continue to provide us with the best sounding iems on the market. 😁 inflation sucks.

Aug 28, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #259 of 534
They’ve also got a coming soon thing on their website on the universal iem tab. So I’m going with the tease being for a universal Sharona. Final answer. 😂
I doubt it’s a universal Sharona, because the silhouette definitely looks like a custom. A universal would look more like their AION IEMs. Though, I’m not ruling out the possibility that they’ve changed the shape of their UIEMs. But, it’d be a bit underwhelming for all this teasing to just be for a different form factor of one of their existing IEMs.

Aug 28, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #260 of 534
Even at $240, I’m still going 7 pin. It just seems the most robust to me, and I have to have bass control. I have the bass turned down substantially on the Roxanne and the Sharona. I feel like they both need it to match my taste at least. The only one I have that I wouldn’t have needed the bass pod on is the Jolene. That one I leave wide open, but I’m still glad I have the option. I’m a 7 pin guy and will be until they don’t let you get it anymore. It’s more money now, but my goodness everything is more expensive now. Pretty much every business across the board has had to raise prices of consumer items pretty substantially… so I get it. It’s unfortunate… but I’m sure it’s something they have to do so they can remain profitable and continue to provide us with the best sounding iems on the market. 😁 inflation sucks
I'm 7 pin fan but I always turn bass at max 😅 I'm pretty sure its Roxanne 2 or straight Roxanne update

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #261 of 534
A jh audio rep commented if it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess it's a Roxanne 2
That was an answer to my comment… 😇

I’m betting on the Pearl project.

Aug 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #262 of 534
They put this up about the Pearl not too long ago and you can see the 7 pin on it. It looks like there’s a little box it plugs into, maybe that gives you eq control through the 7 pin being wired to the separate divers, lows, mids, highs perhaps. You can see another box there along with the wireless belt pack. I think this newest post they’re teasing a new Roxanne… or they are releasing a universal version of something. Quite likely the Sharona. That’s how the release of the universal Jolene happened… so maybe what we’re seeing is a universal Sharona. In which case my wallet is safe and doesn’t have to hide in my closet any longer. If it’s a new Roxanne, that will be very tempting. 😀

I'm 7 pin fan but I always turn bass at max 😅 I'm pretty sure its Roxanne 2 or straight Roxanne update

Hey guys - not sure where this Roxanne 2 narrative came from, but don’t get your hopes up.

Repeating my buddy AJ - you’ll like whats coming if you liked Sharona. He said nothing in regards to a new or updates Roxanne.

This release is not Pearl either. Pearl is scheduled for after this release, I believe. Please don’t take this as confirmed either. The new unit could have been pearl and underwent a name change when I tried it at NAMM but I believe they are separate products.

From my personal knowledge I can confidently say that there are no universals coming either (at least in the next two releases). Just show demos are unis at this point.

I will let AJ reclarify if needed as I’m not a JH rep - just someone who really like there stuff and loves what they’re doing as a brand.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #263 of 534
I now prefer the 3 o’clock position :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: which is admittedly giving the Contour XO quite a bit more open stage and better overall layering capability

speaking of connectors, I prefer the 4-pin ones, not that they are more secure or have better ergonomics, I just don't like the snapping design of the new 7-pin connectors, they feel like the locking metal mounts inside the female connectors would be abraded to the point that they just simply can't hold the male connectors securely which is an ineluctable dilemma with snapping type of connectors, MMCX for example. The 4-pin connectors, on the other hand, have a pin-releasing mechanism, thereby reducing a lot of friction between mounting parts of both the male and female connectors, giving me a lot more confidence changing cables

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #264 of 534
But who can resist the beauty of the 7-pin connectors right :L3000:

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #265 of 534
Here it is right now. The Sheena. Looks beautiful. It seems to be a baby Sharona of sorts. Very cool.

Attachments

• 20D18FC2-06AF-490A-A1C0-134603B45764.png
    20D18FC2-06AF-490A-A1C0-134603B45764.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #267 of 534
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #268 of 534
its
Yes, this is what I tried at NAMM. I enjoyed it - lots of resemblance to the Sharona for a cheaper price.

Congratulations to @AJ DiMambro and the JH Crew for the launch!

https://jhaudio.com/iem/JHA-CIEM-SHE
its good, but i think everybody who wanna get this kinda signature sharona is the way to go you're actually saving 400$ ( fiber carbon case is default on sharona if you want that on sheena you should pay 100$) + you get 16 more BA that would definitely produce more accurate sound

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #269 of 534
Really nice release and well played strategy. not all musicians need all the resolution as the 16drivers. so it can make it more accessible for the band.

Is the Sheena shell design material similar to Sharona but red? I was playing with a Blue and Red Sharona design the other day. :)

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #270 of 534
Really nice release and well played strategy. not all musicians need all the resolution as the 16drivers. so it can make it more accessible for the band.

Is the Sheena shell design material similar to Sharona but red? I was playing with a Blue and Red Sharona design the other day. :)
I can see no reason why the shell materials would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back