JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #242 of 534
Oh goodness. How was it? Oof. Gonna have to buy two iems in one year. Breaking my own rule here.

I'll speak more on it when it is announced out of respect for AJ and JH.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #244 of 534
Sounds good. Well I’ve always wanted a new Roxanne, so I am very excited.
I always wanna Roxanne 😅 , since i follow JH audio path, it's only my prediction it's not an official statement or something that you could consider as a reference its only my personal prediction
in my prediction :
1-we will have 2 new general JH IEM before 2024 one of them should be hybrid i guess ( since their 2nd hybrid iem was Jolene and the first one was Lola I don't think they go to the triple driver until 2024 when EST tech gets more developed and be more stable )
one of them will be more on the audiophile side and another on the musician side ( like Jolene, that was more on the audiophile side and contour on the stage side )
2- more popular models like Layla, Roxanne, JH 16v2 will get components updated with new drivers and RAU system ( i don't believe the driver numbers will be increased more than 12 driver per side for every model but 4 way crossover for every model ) nearly with the same tuning cause everybody loves Roxanne to sound like Roxanne with better technically, same thing for 16v2 and Layla i guess, don't forget they're JH legacy something like HD650 for Sennheiser even more, Roxanne was that iem that change market forever in 2014
3- universal versions will be back soon that's a great move, especially for audiophile users and for users who don't wanna get custom and wait for it
4- more collaboration !! it might be astell but the next collaboration I guess, will be more focused on the audiophile market like Angie and they will probably be more in the entry-level lineup for the 500-1000$ range, I guess
5- unlike many companies that do different things to get market response ( not making a market just to get market attention to respond ) and after a while just anything fulfills the market demand, what I love about JH audio is what they don't, they don't change their sound signature just for responding to the market, they do things in their own way and finally final product will found its place on the market. i know Roxanne presents JH sound signature more than Jolene but they all have JH sound signature with different spices I'm proud of JH Audio every iem that they have been released, carry that legacy with them the success key here i think was try new way and method (R&D with passion) + innovation and creativity + keeping legacy sound signature and past with them .
you feel every JH iem has JH soul and signature with them in a new way ( or in another way ) i believe the next lineup will follow this path.

IDK how many of my predictions will happen, and I'm not working with jh audio.
this prediction is based on the company path and my experience as a user and strategist ( no internal information from the company )

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #245 of 534
Screenshot_20220826-201602_Instagram.jpg
It's coming! Are you guys gonna be at socal canjam?

Aug 27, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #247 of 534

It's coming! Are you guys gonna be at socal canjam?
I’m guessing that’s the Pearl they’ve been prototyping for a while now. Even in the dark, that design looks awesome already. And, given the size of those shells, a hybrid wouldn’t be out of the question. :p

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #248 of 534
That can’t be the Pearl though right? It’s got the T2 connector on it. I thought the Pearl was 7 pin only. They said the Pearl was the reason why they have the 7 pin… I’m guessing it has a box of some sort that you plug into that gives you control over not only the bass, but also the mids and highs? I know they’ve shown The Pearl at shows… maybe someone has seen it and knows? I’m wondering if that’s the new Roxanne? I could be totally wrong of course. Boy if it’s a new Roxanne… I’m going to probably have to have one.

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #249 of 534
That can’t be the Pearl though right? It’s got the T2 connector on it. I thought the Pearl was 7 pin only. They said the Pearl was the reason why they have the 7 pin… I’m guessing it has a box of some sort that you plug into that gives you control over not only the bass, but also the mids and highs? I know they’ve shown The Pearl at shows… maybe someone has seen it and knows? I’m wondering if that’s the new Roxanne. I could be totally wrong of course. Boy if it’s a new Roxanne… I’m going to probably have to have one.
maybe its straight updated from Roxanne with t2 connection option for choosing, now fiber carbon case is not stock on the pack you should pay 100$ for that
I can't wait to see it

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #250 of 534
maybe its straight updated from Roxanne with t2 connection option for choosing, now fiber carbon cause is not stock on the pack you should pay 100$ for that
I can't wait to see it
Now only Sharona has a fiber carbon case without any extra payment in order

Aug 28, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #251 of 534
That can’t be the Pearl though right? It’s got the T2 connector on it. I thought the Pearl was 7 pin only. They said the Pearl was the reason why they have the 7 pin… I’m guessing it has a box of some sort that you plug into that gives you control over not only the bass, but also the mids and highs? I know they’ve shown The Pearl at shows… maybe someone has seen it and knows? I’m wondering if that’s the new Roxanne? I could be totally wrong of course. Boy if it’s a new Roxanne… I’m going to probably have to have one.
Oh, that's interesting. We could finally see the launch of the DSP box that was rumored years ago. So, this one could be something different, then. 'Can't wait to see what it is. :D

Aug 28, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #252 of 534
Oh, that's interesting. We could finally see the launch of the DSP box that was rumored years ago. So, this one could be something different, then. 'Can't wait to see what it is. :D
or this launch might include new roxanne and jh first dac/amp combo with dsp option something like chord mojo 2

Aug 28, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #253 of 534
or this launch might include new roxanne and jh first dac/amp combo with dsp option something like chord mojo 2
That reminds me of one of JH's earliest products, and it's called the JH3A:

black_dragon_iem_jh3a_cable_jh-13_jh3a_amp_3-white__85619.jpeg

jh-3a-front_big.jpeg

It was basically a massive DSP box that let you control the JH13 and the JH16's crossovers. It had an 8-pin mini-XLR output, and the IEMs had to be hooked up with a pair of 2-pin plugs. It was a janky set-up for sure that Jerry Harvey himself admitted wasn't very practical, but its spirit lives on in their signature bass-adjustment module, as well as whatever they've got cooking right now. I imagine their more-modern solution will resemble something sleek like an Audeze Cipher cable, rather than something as bulky as a Mojo, though.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #254 of 534
now 7 pin option is 240$ for every model except contour xo I think next week iem is Roxanne replace with t2 connection and 7 pin option for 240$,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 4.51.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 4.51.29 PM.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 28, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #255 of 534
They put this up about the Pearl not too long ago and you can see the 7 pin on it. It looks like there’s a little box it plugs into, maybe that gives you eq control through the 7 pin being wired to the separate divers, lows, mids, highs perhaps. You can see another box there along with the wireless belt pack. I think this newest post they’re teasing a new Roxanne… or they are releasing a universal version of something. Quite likely the Sharona. That’s how the release of the universal Jolene happened… so maybe what we’re seeing is a universal Sharona. In which case my wallet is safe and doesn’t have to hide in my closet any longer. If it’s a new Roxanne, that will be very tempting. 😀

Attachments

• 8AC8BD6C-94E8-49F5-82AB-A7B60D3989AD.png
    8AC8BD6C-94E8-49F5-82AB-A7B60D3989AD.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back