JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 28, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #61 of 534
Our review of the flagship Sharona is now live :relaxed:

A very smooth tuning with lots of subtle detail and a big soundstage. A very easy listening experience and I can well understand why this is pitched as a touring musician's choice. I can't see anyone being fatigued by this monitor's sound signature, even after 3-4 hours straight.

https://headfonics.com/jh-audio-sharona-review/

1653733696998.png
as always THANK YOU for your reviews Marcus!

May 28, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #63 of 534
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #66 of 534
Can anyone please kindly tell me the positive and negative points of the Sharona? I find little on the net ....
I think not a lot of people have heard it yet. I still have to contact JH if it’s possible to borrow a demo unit to test/review. I’ve been a fan of the Layla and Jolene and have owned both, so I’m curious where the Sharona falls in place with those two.

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #68 of 534
I think not a lot of people have heard it yet. I still have to contact JH if it’s possible to borrow a demo unit to test/review. I’ve been a fan of the Layla and Jolene and have owned both, so I’m curious where the Sharona falls in
Looking forward for ur impression, I owned my layla n plan to go for an upgrade.

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #70 of 534
And can you tell me how Laiyla and Jolene sounded?
Layla is the thicker sounding of the two. It’s great for male vocals and lower pitched female vocals. The bass is a bit more on the punchier side having a mid-bass bias. The treble to my ears were pretty decent though I did wish for a bit more energy there. The Jolene was the “better” IEM for my taste though. Sub-bass focused (though I do wish I could turn it up just a tad bit more. Probably won’t be a problem on the custom version.) the mids are quite a bit more forward and quite pleasant. Still missing some edge and bite in the upper-mids though (I had to EQ them a bit there). Treble has quite a bit more presence as well which was an added bonus. It’s a great IEM for drumming.

Looking forward for ur impression, I owned my layla n plan to go for an upgrade.
Same here man, even though there hasn’t really been a JH IEM that stepped in the 12+ driver setup so I’m quite curious how they handled this.

I also do wonder if they played around with going full DD’s as well lol

The bass and mids of the Jolene were quite nice and presented quite a nice airy presentation. I just wanna hear what they could do if they opted to use DDs on the treble as well. The IER-Z1R’s DD treble was really nice and still might be the top 2 of the best treble I’ve heard thus far in an IEM.

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #71 of 534
Layla is the thicker sounding of the two. It’s great for male vocals and lower pitched female vocals. The bass is a bit more on the punchier side having a mid-bass bias. The treble to my ears were pretty decent though I did wish for a bit more energy there. The Jolene was the “better” IEM for my taste though. Sub-bass focused (though I do wish I could turn it up just a tad bit more. Probably won’t be a problem on the custom version.) the mids are quite a bit more forward and quite pleasant. Still missing some edge and bite in the upper-mids though (I had to EQ them a bit there). Treble has quite a bit more presence as well which was an added bonus. It’s a great IEM for drumming.

Same here man, even though there hasn’t really been a JH IEM that stepped in the 12+ driver setup so I’m quite curious how they handled this.

I also do wonder if they played around with going full DD’s as well lol

The bass and mids of the Jolene were quite nice and presented quite a nice airy presentation. I just wanna hear what they could do if they opted to use DDs on the treble as well. The IER-Z1R’s DD treble was really nice and still might be the top 2 of the best treble I’ve heard thus far in an IEM.
and in your opinion Sharona between Layla and Jolene where should she position herself?

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #72 of 534
and in your opinion Sharona between Layla and Jolene where should she position herself?
Price wise it’s definitely positioned at the top. Replacing the Layla as JH’s new flagship.

That’s why I’m very curious about it. Nothing has dethroned the Layla as JH’s sweetheart for a while. Not even the Lola and Jolene. So I’m eager to have a chance to listen to the Sharona.

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #74 of 534
Price wise it’s definitely positioned at the top. Replacing the Layla as JH’s new flagship.

That’s why I’m very curious about it. Nothing has dethroned the Layla as JH’s sweetheart for a while. Not even the Lola and Jolene. So I’m eager to have a chance to listen to the Sharona.
I was definitely surprised when JH themselves proclaimed Sharona as the new flagship as there was little to no fanfare. Also, $2299 for a flagship IEM is almost unheard of these days.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #75 of 534
2299 for a flagship IEM is almost unheard of these days.
Laughs in UM.

JH’s pricing (excluding add-ons) for the 16BA flagship is fairly competitive. Props to them for the reasonable pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back