JH Audio Layla vs JH16v2
Dec 27, 2019 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Funk-O-Meter

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody had both the 16v2 and the Layla and could offer an A/B? They look really similar on paper and by the FR graphs and I'm wondering what the major difference is for the extra $1,200.

I've also read that the Angie sounds a bit like a little sister of the Layla. Anyone?

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I snipped this paragraph from a post by @kernel8888 from some time back. It's about all I've been able to find of anybody that's compared all the JH stuff:

"JH AUDIO JH16V2- these have a slight treble spike but they are truly like a layla and jh13v2 had a baby- a great compromise with the slight dip from 2-5k but not as drastic as the layla, with the bite in the treble from the jh13v2 but not quite as shouty in the upper mids, but that dip takes away from the perceived detail and soundstage of the jh13v2. Also the jh line has great bass texture and extension. These actually remind me a lot of the he-1000 with a more forward punchy presentation, but very similar tuning. Someone said these are the sweet spot in the jh lineup, and having heard all the higher end but the lola, id agree. Great middle ground"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back