JH Audio JH13 PRO, AKG K1000 comparison thread
Nov 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 22
I can easily understand why some would prefer the JH13 while others preferring the K1000. I personally prefer the K1000 since I'm a soundstage/imaging/ambiance/air head.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 22
I don't think they are really comparable. It's like comparing speakers to headphones. That being said, I really really want the JH13s since they seem to be the only headphone/IEM that nails everything. The K-1000 does not just like every other full size phone. That's all just based on what others have said, but opinions have been pretty unanimous.

I would venture to guess that if the JH13s had a huge sounstage, they may be the best headphone ever made? All this and I haven't heard them
tongue.gif
- I'm seriously thinking of a K-1000/JH13/Von Schweikert combo - The trinity if you will
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think they are really comparable. It's like comparing speakers to headphones. That being said, I really really want the JH13s since they seem to be the only headphone/IEM that nails everything. The K-1000 does not just like every other full size phone. That's all just based on what others have said, but opinions have been pretty unanimous.

I would venture to guess that if the JH13s had a huge sounstage, they may be the best headphone ever made? All this and I haven't heard them
tongue.gif
- I'm seriously thinking of a K-1000/JH13/Von Schweikert combo - The trinity if you will
tongue.gif

One thing's for sure. K1000 is the best pair of earspeakers (pretty obvious since there aren't any others) and jh13's the best IEMs. An incredible duo indeed! Right now i'm trying to fund an amp for K1000 and a pair of jh13's..
icon10.gif

But we would like some more impressions on the subject..
Keep 'em coming...
popcorn.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with everything here except comfort. My JH13s fit great, but I can wear the K1000s longer.

it sounds like you may have a fit issue! when I put in my JH13's, I just barely get a perfect seal, and the IEMs literally disappear in my ears - I do not feel them at all, less the slight tug by the wires

even with new foam, the K1000's hurt my temples after only ~2 hours, to the point that I had to take them off

Nov 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How'bout vs. your SR-007
smily_headphones1.gif

It's certainly the winner at sound per pound.

But its not as good a headphone all-in. No way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back