JH Audio Freqphase and Lantos 3D Digital Ear Scanner - Head-Fi TV - CanJam @ RMAF (2012)
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #31 of 40
LOL... well, I chose option 2, so you are way above my knowledge-base with all of that info.  But once you figure it all out, let me know when you start selling your customs!  And I'm certain your English is far better than my 'whatever-your-native-tongue-is'.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #33 of 40
can't wait to see some reviews.

if there usually is a delay and our brains sense it to some degree (that's where i m really suspicious), i suppose a change in phase good or bad would alter a lot the placement of different sounds in our head.
but wouldn't a big delay on some frequencies actually increase the feeling of a bigger soundstage (even if not accurate at all)?
warning, right now i feel like einstein or newton, at least like kepler! based on that, my comment might not make more sense than me being kepler. thx

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #35 of 40
I'd love to here Jerry comment on the benefits of the jh3a over a freq phase jh16.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #36 of 40
My guess would be freqphase is getting the drivers to match phase at the xover points. Being a triple bore, the 13 can also now have more precise mechanical filters for the top 2 ranges. The 3a can still do fine EQ for better linearity and remove all phase shift from xovers and drivers themselves. That, controlled Q and more xover versatility should be advantageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back