JH Audio driver failures?
Mar 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had my JH13's since the fall of 2012. I've had 2 driver failures so far.
The first time was in 2014 with a channel imbalance due to a mid range driver that went bad. 
At the moment they are back at JH with a high frequency driver failure and are due to be repaired this week. 
Anyone else have issues with their JH IEM's?

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 8
Also a lurker and recently joined to start a similar thread. Sent my JH16's in for a clean and test due to a wax buildup in the left ear. Heard back from JH that all drivers would need to be replaced (lows, mids, and highs). The cost isn't unreasonable, but my IEMs are only ~4 years old (purchased April 2012).

Has anyone else had experience with JH repairs? Is this typical? 

It's not that I don't trust them, but I literally have zero experience with this and am hoping to find a couple of other data points to validate their claims.

Edit: The one data point that, frankly, made me a bit uneasy was that I asked if it would be possible for them to return the defective drivers and they said that they can't. This is a pretty typical request to make when having a replacement done at an auto mechanic, so I don't really understand why JH is reluctant to do it.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 8
  Also a lurker and recently joined to start a similar thread. Sent my JH16's in for a clean and test due to a wax buildup in the left ear. Heard back from JH that all drivers would need to be replaced (lows, mids, and highs). The cost isn't unreasonable, but my IEMs are only ~4 years old (purchased April 2012).

Has anyone else had experience with JH repairs? Is this typical? 

It's not that I don't trust them, but I literally have zero experience with this and am hoping to find a couple of other data points to validate their claims.

Edit: The one data point that, frankly, made me a bit uneasy was that I asked if it would be possible for them to return the defective drivers and they said that they can't. This is a pretty typical request to make when having a replacement done at an auto mechanic, so I don't really understand why JH is reluctant to do it.

Oil, earwax and moisture in the tube will go all the way up to the driver and will cause corrosion. IEM and hearing aid should be stored in dry box after each use. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 8
I store mine in the otterbox it came with, and there is a desiccant pack in there too for any moisture.
Just got the repair report and they said the driver failure was just from usage/age.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Got them back yesterday. Sounding great again. 
Mine are clear so it's easy to see all the components. They said there was 1 driver bad, but they all look different (as I remember). Wonder if they replaced all of them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back