JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Mar 9, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #481 of 692
  JH didn't sell any 2.5mm balance cable, maybe you should looking into ak website or iriver web.
http://www.iriver.com/etc/wheretobuy.asp
http://www.astellnkern.com/
my friend buy new moon audio cable with 2.5mm balance jack when he was in singapore at canjam in AK Booth.

This is not exactly true, as JH did released the 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable for the 1st gen Roxanne, as it wasn't bundle with it.  Earphone Solutions did carry it as I got my Roxanne and cable from them.  However, they no longer list it and started selling the gen 2 cable now.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/jh-audio.html

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #482 of 692
  This is not exactly true, as JH did released the 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable for the 1st gen Roxanne, as it wasn't bundle with it.  Earphone Solutions did carry it as I got my Roxanne and cable from them.  However, they no longer list it and started selling the gen 2 cable now.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/jh-audio.html

I didn't know jh released the 2.5mm trrs balance cable to the market 
confused.gif

but the pics in that web, showing the old jh 2.5mm balance cable, not the v2 made by moon audio

left = new jh cable by moon audio . right = old jh cable

ak100ii + roxanne with 2.5mm trrs balance cable by moon audio

left = new cable by moon audio. right = old cable

the old cable 3.5mm SE and 2.5mm TRRS with angie

new V2 2.5mm balance cable by moon audio

old 2.5mm balance cable

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #483 of 692
I didn't know jh released the 2.5mm trrs balance cable to the market :confused:
but the pics in that web, showing the old jh 2.5mm balance cable, not the v2 made by moon audio

left = new jh cable by moon audio . right = old jh cable

ak100ii + roxanne with 2.5mm trrs balance cable by moon audio

left = new cable by moon audio. right = old cable

the old cable 3.5mm SE and 2.5mm TRRS with angie

new V2 2.5mm balance cable by moon audio

old 2.5mm balance cable

Can tell the difference of sound quality?

Really interesting to know he he

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #484 of 692
Yep exactly that, and it is the same first gen cable bundled with the later Roxanne AK rebrand, the AKR03 special edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Astell-Kern-Earphones-Smartphone-Conversion/dp/B00O1GRK3O

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #485 of 692
anyone here from Malaysia?  this is a rare chance for you to experience the complete Sirens 2 series.  don't miss it!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1026961084006151/

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #487 of 692
A more interesting comparison is the new stock cable vs moon audio black dragon v2. JH audio recently updated their website to show the newer style v2 cable as their replacement cable offering but there's no balanced option.

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #489 of 692
Just picked up a pair of Rosie's. Hopefully get them via post next week. Looking forward to having a listen.

I can't wait for your impressions! I am due to receive my Angie 1st Gen tomorrow! I actually feel guilty for not purchasing the Rosie over the Angie because my fiancé's name is Rosie too!! I chose the Angie over the Rosie from the reported initial impressions stating that the Rosie was less neutral and had some sibilance issues. I haven't been able to hear either one so I figured I would go for the Angie 1 at a cheaper price compared to the Angie 2. Who knows though maybe your impressions may shed light in a different direction?

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #490 of 692
I can't wait for your impressions! I am due to receive my Angie 1st Gen tomorrow! I actually feel guilty for not purchasing the Rosie over the Angie because my fiancé's name is Rosie too!! I chose the Angie over the Rosie from the reported initial impressions stating that the Rosie was less neutral and had some sibilance issues. I haven't been able to hear either one so I figured I would go for the Angie 1 at a cheaper price compared to the Angie 2. Who knows though maybe your impressions may shed light in a different direction?

Yeah I missed out on the cheap pairs of angies. That said the angie 1s were just a touch too big for me to get a comfortable fit. So hoping the smaller Rosie will fit a little easier.

Haha well my wife's name is Erin so I am ok. But her best friend is Rosie. Hmmm maybe she will think I am up to something :p.

I will pop some thoughts up once I have a listen.

I will need to figure out what I am doing for source. Currently only have iPhone 6s and alien.

Alien sounds good but quite enjoy my streaming services (tidal etc). So not see what way to go.

Have had quite a few dacs and daps before so I will wait until I have heard the Rosie and pick one I think will likely match well and re buy it lol.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #491 of 692
Yeah I missed out on the cheap pairs of angies. That said the angie 1s were just a touch too big for me to get a comfortable fit. So hoping the smaller Rosie will fit a little easier.

Haha well my wife's name is Erin so I am ok. But her best friend is Rosie. Hmmm maybe she will think I am up to something
tongue.gif

I will pop some thoughts up once I have a listen.

I will need to figure out what I am doing for source. Currently only have iPhone 6s and alien.

Alien sounds good but quite enjoy my streaming services (tidal etc). So not see what way to go.

Have had quite a few dacs and daps before so I will wait until I have heard the Rosie and pick one I think will likely match well and re buy it lol.

I use my iPhone 6+ & HiFiM8 (w/IEM Mod) as my portable rig and so far I am quite content with it. However, I am in a state of audio over stimulus (if there is such a thing) as I just received my Chord Mojo today and have been getting acquainted with its sonic mastery through a lot of my headphones/iems. Hopefully this way I can kinda gauge the sonics that the Angies bring to the table. I hope that the build quality is one of the better ones with Angie 1 too. I do like the fact that with Rosies you will get a precise build quality and upgraded cables. I like the color scheme as well. I purchased my Angies from a retailer that offer a 39 refund policy so I hope to read some impressions sooner than later lol. I hope that the Rosie doesn't have any peaky or sibilant treble due to trying to emphasize the treble region. I am also interested in hearing impressions of the Bass on Rosie w/o any increase via the Bass Attenuators. I am looking for a more natural then neutral sound. I have been learning that a "fun" sound signature has been translating to a "V" or "U" sound lately. I hope that this is not the case with the Rosie.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #492 of 692
  i was looking for some roxanne ii and found this picture from a broken pair at
amazon:

are these genuine jh roxanne ii iems? i'm a bit shocked how they look inside, would be
great if someone knows if these are the real ones.

not sure about the rox2, here is a sneak peek at the layla2 which is similar to jerry's presentation.

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #493 of 692
Thanks for this pic, good to know how the Layla 2 looks inside. When i
look at some clear custom Roxanne it's hard to believe that the one from
a customer via amazon looks legit. So at the moment i wait to buy some
Roxanne 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back