JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #151 of 692
That is not entirely correct; I recently ordered a JH13 Pro CIEM, the company I ordered through said JHA has asked if i would like the newer all metal version, w 4 pin connector etc. of the same at no additional cost. I am guessing they were referring to the Rosie. Kudos to JHA for doing that... Anyhow my guess is JHA WILL/or is making a custom Rosie...

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #152 of 692
I am uncertain what you find offensive the JHA 13 Pro for example is close to 2 years old not 2 months. Are you suggesting that they should NOT offer a better cable, a better connector, a tweaked crossover and bass attenuator?

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #153 of 692
  That is not entirely correct; I recently ordered a JH13 Pro CIEM, the company I ordered through said JHA has asked if i would like the newer all metal version, w 4 pin connector etc. of the same at no additional cost. I am guessing they were referring to the Rosie. Kudos to JHA for doing that... Anyhow my guess is JHA WILL/or is making a custom Rosie...

i thought only JHA made CIEM
confused_face.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #154 of 692

You can still order JH13?  That's not even part of their active lineup anymore.  I don't know about you, but I think the all metal version is only universal.  I can't imagine them CNCing a aluminum or titantium case to fit your ear.  There will be CIEM version, but probably not metal.  They asked you probably because they want to stop offering the JH13.  

i thought only JHA made CIEM
confused_face.gif

I don't know if you didn't read that correctly, but it was basically an order placed through a dealer to have JHA make the CIEM.  So yes, only JHA makes their CIEMs.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #155 of 692
the copper looks really good.  very nice color.  if it does sound like the JH13FP, i expect it to do very well.  from what i read, it is still beloved by a lot of people.

2799 for a universal layla still makes me laugh.  grotesquely overpriced.

I don't think that the Layla is "overpriced" but right for the most demanding audiophiles who usually invest thousands in audio equipment. That's why entry and mid levels exist for those who can't invest that much. Furthermore, just take a look at the latest Shure electrostatic iems at $3000, or the Final Audio Design flagships in gold version etc. The Layla seems to be in the right position

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #157 of 692
I will have to get back to you to be certain. I am supposedly getting an updated/upgraded JHA 13 not a Rosie ( as I initially thought) with newer 4 pin connector cables and unless i misunderstood metal body. I did have ear impressions made for CIEM's. I am with you I don't fully understand how they can or will do CNC aluminum Customs. Regardless I am told these have yet to be announced...

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #158 of 692
Not sure if it's right place to post this but new version of JH13p is coming out next year.

Seems like they refreshing their line up.

Is this announced anywhere? Or are you considering the Rosie as the upgrade?
  I will have to get back to you to be certain. I am supposedly getting an updated/upgraded JHA 13 not a Rosie ( as I initially thought) with newer 4 pin connector cables and unless i misunderstood metal body. I did have ear impressions made for CIEM's. I am with you I don't fully understand how they can or will do CNC aluminum Customs. Regardless I am told these have yet to be announced...

If you are getting a CIEM and JH is manufacturing it - it won't be a metal body - likely acrylic like most customs - carbon fiber is another $500

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #159 of 692
It IS going to be an upgraded version of the 13's. I specifically asked if it was going to be a Rosie and was told no. I ordered CIEM's; so as you point out likely acrylic. My dealer said it has NOT been announced yet. Hats off to JHA for calling it to my attention..and giving me an option at no additional charge.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #160 of 692
The JH13 Pro V2 is now available for pre order for JH crew.

The JH13Pro, a favorite among audiophiles, will be the first IEM upgraded to new driver and crossover technology. The JH13v2 will be formally announced January 2016. The JH13v2 will feature six all-new Balanced Armatures, Steel Tube Waveguide, and Moon Audio 4-pin connector and cable, with 10 db of adjustable bass per ear! The JH13v2 has every thing you loved about the JH13 with enhanced extension, clarity and soundstage.

http://www.jhaudio.com/buzz/jh-crew-news-issue-1

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #161 of 692
Purchased my Roxannes 6 months ago and between poor quality control and wait times, only have had them for 3 months.

New Roxanne announced without notice? Not even car companies, or any electronic companies for this matter do that.

Peeved more than anything: not unhappy with service I've gotten but extremely unhappy about lack of care for this situation.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #162 of 692
The Roxanne's have been around for a little while now.  What kind of notice did you want?  I don't think they could have noticed you when you were buying them.  6 months is a long time.  Plus it's not even really out yet.  Just announced (a notice like you're asking for).  Did you order the CIEM Roxannes?  Many companies refresh their product lines every year.  At one point Layla and Angie replaced the Roxanne's in a sandwich attack.  Now they changed around (or at least I felt that way) and made it part of the lineup.  They are even adding the JH13v2.  I think there are just way too many different headphones for them now.  And all of them are pretty pricey.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #164 of 692
Is yours Roxanne CIEM ?

I think Customs will sound better than Universal due to a fitting. Beside that, with full metal will it induce interferences ?

I don't think you were asking me but my Roxanne's are universal.  I don't think customs will sound much better as I get a pretty good fit with my Roxanne's.  

That's what I've heard from others, but I haven't tried it myself.  I doubt the metal will cause any interference as there are other IEMs made of metal too.  And really I think they did enough testing before releasing the product.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #165 of 692
I don't think you were asking me but my Roxanne's are universal.  I don't think customs will sound much better as I get a pretty good fit with my Roxanne's.  

That's what I've heard from others, but I haven't tried it myself.  I doubt the metal will cause any interference as there are other IEMs made of metal too.  And really I think they did enough testing before releasing the product.  

Mine is custom.

What frustrates me is they have only responded to my initial complaint but have failed to respond to any further action to my replies.

It's such a hit and miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back