JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #3,106 of 3,122
Astell & Kern DAPs tend to have really good synergy with JH audio IEMs. Here i'm using my SP1000m with my Angie II. Admittedly an SP1000m is overkill for the Angies, as it cannot extract the maximum SQ out of the SP1000m. That is where my 64 Audio A18t CIEM comes in.:wink:

A few years ago (more like 4 by this point), Astell & Kern even colaborated with JH audio to tune their DAPs specically for those IEMs. The result is almost perfect synergy with the Angies. This probably applies to more modern and lower end Astell & Kern DAPs as well. A&K DAPs tend to be a bit limited in terms of what can be installed onto them, they run a modified version of Android, with an app whitelist. They are very fast and build really well. They sure are expensive but well worth it IMO.

If you are looking for something a bit more reasonably priced, take a look at the high end offerings from FiiO. Their old X7 mk2 paired really well with the Angies, I've used that combination for years on end before finally get the SP1000m.:) My reason for upgrading was getting the 64 Audio A18t, but extracting maximum SQ out of the Angies was a nice side effect.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot..I'll definitely look into them. I'm also searching for a more resolving version of angies sound ...but I'm not sure anything else sounds quite like it...i can't give up those mids. Maybe I should not go down that rabbit hole lol

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #3,107 of 3,122
Thanks a lot..I'll definitely look into them. I'm also searching for a more resolving version of angies sound ...but I'm not sure anything else sounds quite like it...i can't give up those mids. Maybe I should not go down that rabbit hole lol
Have a look at the Moon audio silver and black dragon ranges of IEM cables, they are making them specially for JH audio, they even have the bass adjustment in the cable. Black dragon is a silver-plated copper cable, while you guessed it, silver dragon is pure silver. Should offer a nice improvement in SQ with the Angie whilst being less expensive than a new IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #3,108 of 3,122
Have a look at the Moon audio silver and black dragon ranges of IEM cables, they are making them specially for JH audio, they even have the bass adjustment in the cable. Black dragon is a silver-plated copper cable, while you guessed it, silver dragon is pure silver. Should offer a nice improvement in SQ with the Angie whilst being less expensive than a new IEM.
Ok thanks.. and last question do you have any experience with the Jolenes from JH Audio?

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #3,109 of 3,122
@Jomo123, Sorry, but no I don't, just with Angie II and I've auditioned the Layla II IEM a few times, it is basically an Angie on steroids. If you can stretch that far it would be a nice upgrade, it has been their flagship for years. Although it is still able to compete with even the 64 Audio A18t. That tells you a lot, since the A18t is much newer. It has 18 drivers per side vs 12 on the Layla.

You might want to consider getting an CIEM as your next upgrade, they are a huge improvement in both comfort and isolation. SQ is also a bit more optimzed to your own ears, with the custom shape. I don't really feel my A18t in my ears, that's how well they fit.

Feel free to PM me, if you want any more information.:)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #3,110 of 3,122
Just got some acoustune Aet07 tips for my Angies and these are definitely the best tips I've used so far... noticeable more micro detail and air. Been listening to my bob Marley albums all over again 😁. Does any one have suggestions for a more modern DAP than the Cayin N5ii I'm currently using. Love the synergy but the UI is too old and slow
If you're liking the cayin house sound, I'd recommend to stick with cayin! The new n7 or even the n8ii! I'm still loving my og n8 especially with my fourtes.Just sound so natural and effortless.

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #3,111 of 3,122
If you're liking the cayin house sound, I'd recommend to stick with cayin! The new n7 or even the n8ii! I'm still loving my og n8 especially with my fourtes.Just sound so natural and effortless.
I definitely like the Cayin sound but I haven't heard anything else either so i can't compare...I'll compare the Cayin n7/8ii to the AK sp1000m

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #3,112 of 3,122
I definitely like the Cayin sound but I haven't heard anything else either so i can't compare...I'll compare the Cayin n7/8ii to the AK sp1000m
Lotoo paw gold touch too! The more the merrier.

Mar 21, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #3,114 of 3,122
Aug 13, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #3,115 of 3,122
Aug 13, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #3,116 of 3,122
Aug 16, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #3,117 of 3,122
As an avid admirer of JH, performance is not a concern for me. However, the aspect that leaves me contemplating whether to make a purchase or not is the reliability. Regrettably, JH has discontinued their warranty for these models, which have been plagued by numerous issues. I have encountered problems with their drivers in all metal jacket models I've heard/owned. Despite the enticing price, I may hesitate to proceed with the purchase.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #3,118 of 3,122
As an avid admirer of JH, performance is not a concern for me. However, the aspect that leaves me contemplating whether to make a purchase or not is the reliability. Regrettably, JH has discontinued their warranty for these models, which have been plagued by numerous issues. I have encountered problems with their drivers in all metal jacket models I've heard/owned. Despite the enticing price, I may hesitate to proceed with the purchase.
What I see from the shared link is that those are the first generation Angies, which to me has better build quality. I've used them for two years (first generation).

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #3,119 of 3,122
What I see from the shared link is that those are the first generation Angies, which to me has better build quality. I've used them for two years (first generation).

I am using for past 6 years without issues, normally on go I use Angies for better isolation.

Aug 17, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #3,120 of 3,122
I am using for past 6 years without issues, normally on go I use Angies for better isolation.
Wow, that sounds good! I see you a Z1R, would you mind sharing your thoughts and providing a review of your Z1R and your Angie? I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back