JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #2,824 of 3,122
Guys I'm a long time user and fan of the ER4S. Recently upgraded to the Angie V2 Universals. Amazing treble extension and soundstage however isolation is very poor compared to the ER4S. I've tried the stock tips, Sony silicone and foam tips and spinfit dual flange. Any other suggestions or should I be resigned to this level of isolation? Thanks!

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #2,825 of 3,122
Guys I'm a long time user and fan of the ER4S. Recently upgraded to the Angie V2 Universals. Amazing treble extension and soundstage however isolation is very poor compared to the ER4S. I've tried the stock tips, Sony silicone and foam tips and spinfit dual flange. Any other suggestions or should I be resigned to this level

As Tomwoo suggests the combination of Mojo and Angie could solve the problem of isolation?!

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #2,826 of 3,122
Fuzzster-

If you don’t mind a deep insert, a triple flange works with me. Also, you can solidify the base flange by fitting a sturdier silicon or foam within as someone has modded in this thread.

Although I sourced my medium sized tube triple flanges from a generic gas station headset, they’re available on Amazon.

If I remember correctly based on Amazon’s triple flange suppliers Shure’s stock triple flanges are considered small tube diameter and may not fit the Angies, but the medium tube diameter fit my Angie V1’s perfectly.

Can post precise measurements and pictures if you’d like them.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #2,827 of 3,122
Fuzzster-

If you don’t mind a deep insert, a triple flange works with me. Also, you can solidify the base flange by fitting a sturdier silicon or foam within as someone has modded in this thread.

Although I sourced my medium sized tube triple flanges from a generic gas station headset, they’re available on Amazon.

If I remember correctly based on Amazon’s triple flange suppliers Shure’s stock triple flanges are considered small tube diameter and may not fit the Angies, but the medium tube diameter fit my Angie V1’s perfectly.

Can post precise measurements and pictures if you’d like them.

As a ER4 user I'm no stranger to deep insertion:ksc75smile: thanks for the suggestion I'll check out the triple flange. Have a great day.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #2,828 of 3,122
Did anyone experience sibilance issues with their Angies?
I do hear some sibilance with my Angie 1 whenever I listen to Japanese songs.
But it's not that serious type of intolerable sibilance.....

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,831 of 3,122
Did anyone experience sibilance issues with their Angies?
I do hear some sibilance with my Angie 1 whenever I listen to Japanese songs.
But it's not that serious type of intolerable sibilance.....

Not at all. The Angie's sound signature does not sport an enhanced sibilance region. Audiophiles may be appalled by this (because they usually don't listen to music), but I'd go as far to say Angie sounds smooth in the upper regions. In the sense of being linear and far extending, but not particularly articulate or enhanced.

If you have issues with sibilance, it's the recording's fault.

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,833 of 3,122
I thought about it, it makes sense when the synergy of Mojo-Angie combo somehow mitigates isolation issue? :gs1000smile:
Sorry but if you have isolation issues with Angies v1, please try various tips and foams before buying Mojo.

Angies v1 insert very deep due to their very long stems, they definitely rank amonst the top tier universal IEMs in terms of isolation (which is why I sold them, they felt VERY intrusive and I don't like this feeling).
As long as you don't reach a proper seal, trying anything else for isolation is useless.

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,834 of 3,122
Sorry but if you have isolation issues with Angies v1, please try various tips and foams before buying Mojo.

Angies v1 insert very deep due to their very long stems, they definitely rank amonst the top tier universal IEMs in terms of isolation (which is why I sold them, they felt VERY intrusive and I don't like this feeling).
As long as you don't reach a proper seal, trying anything else for isolation is useless.
Good to know, but I don't really have isolation issue because I have the custom version. I guess I was too wary of universal version's isolation, LOL.

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,835 of 3,122
Loving My Angie II headphones now I've sorted out out which tips to use. The sound with Comply tips was a too muffled for my tastes so I took them off and put them on the wrong way round which was much clearer but again not to my taste. I bought Spin Fits but found the sound to be more punchy but a little bit middy and the top end did not sparkle. In the end I used some AKG silcone tips which were much more rigid then the Spin Fits and created a better seal which in turn provided the punchy bass on the foot drum and a nice deep bass plus a nice clean detailed top end. Has anyone converted from the universal fit to a custom and if so was there much difference in the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back