JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 15, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,681 of 3,122
So, I put in my Angie this morning and noticed the right ear was cutting out. It goes completely out if I push on the top of the iem...do you think it's just the cable? I have only had them a month

When you say push on top of the IEM, seems like it would be the cable connector itself, loose contact, possibly? Have you tried jiggling the cable directly instead? Re-seating it and seeing if that makes a difference?

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #1,685 of 3,122

Fact.  Or as the kids say, "word."

Is Angie in similar tonality zone as A83? Not too warm or veiled?

I say this because my preference is bright/analytical (or around A83 levels). There are only a few IEMs I've been able to accept with warm/thick tone, one of them being the Aurisonics ASG-2. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,686 of 3,122
Angie only really gets "warm" when the bass is at 2 o'clock or more. Even then, Angie's warm is not like other phones. Clarity is her dominant trait.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,687 of 3,122
To me it's much like the UERM- fairly flat/neutral (no kids, not entirely flat/neutral) but with lots of detail.  It's no Altone in the brightness dept., and it's not overly warm like the Shure 846 or the Dunu1000.  You can turn the bass up or down as you wish, which can affect things.  It's quite good in the upper end, especially with silicon tips, without veering into harsh or sibilant.  A bit fuller-sounding with Comply.  Veiled?  No.  It really presents each track as it was produced, like the UERM.  If it's a bassy track it's got lots of bass.  If not, it doesn't add it.  If the track has lots of upper-end detail it presents it without going past the level of comfort.  I've thrown the tracks I have that are clearly mixed too bright at it and they sound (brightly) great.  Mids are beautiful pretty much always.  Vocals aren't too far forward, but certainly aren't buried.  Instrument/vocal placement is superb, and it's wide.  Not tall, but wide.  

When my UERM was not usable due to some ear issues I was having, I tried going back to the A83.  I couldn't deal with it, it no longer sounded good.  When I got the Angie universal it sounded very good.  I love good treble, and both iems have it in spades.  The UERM is a bit more "overall" sounding, and the Angie is a bit more "individual instrument" sounding.  

Will you love it?  Can't say.  All I can say (and you've been with me on this trip) is that it and the UERM are completely satisfying to me and I have no plans to replace either.  

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,689 of 3,122
Snugs are here whoooo!
bigsmile_face.gif

TL:DR: Best sound, second best option before customs. Sealing problem around IEM shaft.

Previously my fave tips were comply. I have tried comply (comfort ones), spinfits, sony and stock tips but comply wins for me (sound and seal, spinfits more comfortable). I was looking for the sound you get gently pushing the Angie in to your ear whilst using comply, it was just the best. The Snugs give me exactly what I was after.

The sound from these things is fantastic, the best I've heard the Angie. Everything is there, in fact even more bass than I've heard previously, treble is smooth and not fatiguing. Mids are the same as comply just seems like more meat to them. I guess this must be close to how customs sound. It's like an Angie turned up a notch.

The fit is great, still have to get used to it, but very comfy.
There seems to be an issue right now. on both sides. Although they fit great in my ear, the seal around the Angie waveguied/tip gets lost as it kinds slides out a bit. I will contact Snugs and see what can be done, I assume simply making the bore slightly smaller should do the trick. If I push the Angie in slightly the seal is made and all the sound comes back, blue tak works to an extent.

Will post some pics soon and an update post once the seal issue is sorted.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,690 of 3,122
I am picking my Angie II up from the FedEx hub since I was at work when they tried to deliver earlier. In about two hours, she will be in my hands. :)

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,693 of 3,122
No, I would not have bought the newer version if I already had the original.

Could you please give us some impressions. Thx in advance.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #1,694 of 3,122
Could you please give us some impressions. Thx in advance.

I imagine any impressions would relate to how they enjoy the Angie or how the v2 fits. Sonically they are supposed to sound identical to the v1 so unless the cable makes a large difference you have plenty of impressions to read already. That said, I'm always interested to read others impressions. :D

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #1,695 of 3,122
  Snugs are here whoooo!
bigsmile_face.gif

TL:DR: Best sound, second best option before customs. Sealing problem around IEM shaft.

Previously my fave tips were comply. I have tried comply (comfort ones), spinfits, sony and stock tips but comply wins for me (sound and seal, spinfits more comfortable). I was looking for the sound you get gently pushing the Angie in to your ear whilst using comply, it was just the best. The Snugs give me exactly what I was after.

The sound from these things is fantastic, the best I've heard the Angie. Everything is there, in fact even more bass than I've heard previously, treble is smooth and not fatiguing. Mids are the same as comply just seems like more meat to them. I guess this must be close to how customs sound. It's like an Angie turned up a notch.

The fit is great, still have to get used to it, but very comfy.
There seems to be an issue right now. on both sides. Although they fit great in my ear, the seal around the Angie waveguied/tip gets lost as it kinds slides out a bit. I will contact Snugs and see what can be done, I assume simply making the bore slightly smaller should do the trick. If I push the Angie in slightly the seal is made and all the sound comes back, blue tak works to an extent.

Will post some pics soon and an update post once the seal issue is sorted.

Which model of Snugs did you get, half shell or full shell or 'tips', does it sort of look like this: 

Do you live in the UK or did you have to ship your impressions there? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back