JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 22, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,276 of 3,122
  That's the sign of a poor seal.  Even when I do get a good seal I don't get the bottom end I get with the Complys.  Trade-offs.  I just don't get the fullness I like with the silicons, although I do like the uppers. I can say that using my UERMs (customs) and then using the Angies w/Complys the sound is fairly similar.  So to me that says that the Complys are pretty close to the "right" sound.  

As to the UERM/Angie Uni sound differences, it's really interesting.  The UERM has a fuller sound, with more bass (my Angie is at about 2pm), great mids and really clean uppers.  The Angie has more detail in the uppers, great mids and very strong bass.  Both are very good, fairly neutral iems.

What I'm noticing is that the UERMs have a more coherent sound signature, more musicaly of a single piece, where the Angies seem to have a more defined, this is here and this is there sound.  I think it may come down to the number of drivers and how they present.  The UERM is like being in a warm bathtub and I just feel warm all over.  The Angies feel like the same warm bathtub, but I can feel slight temperature variations in the warmth.  Both baths are wonderful, but different.  

Weird analogy, I know.  I don't prefer one iem over the other, both offer incredible sound.  

Strange -- I didn't find it that weird. 
biggrin.gif

I have almost the same reaction.  My preference is my Empire Ears Athena CIEM.  I took advantage of the time they were away for some modifications to try out the Angies.  I like them both -- very much -- but each offers different SQ.  I haven't tried the UERM and because my EE have been shipped back to me, I probably won't add any more to my collection in the near future.  

Different strokes for different folks.  Spinfits are just too fiddly for me at this point.  For universals, it's Comply.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,279 of 3,122
Between Roxxanne, Angie, and JH16, which one has more bass? 

From what I've read Roxanne has the greatest amount of bass. Next it would be JH16. Then probably the JH13.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #1,282 of 3,122
Dec 25, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #1,284 of 3,122
Since I've been testing out the FiiO X7, I've had to use the single-ended cable for Angie. The connection between the IEM and the cable on the right ear piece is loose and can cut out when pressure is put on it.

You can feel a little wiggle on that connector, and you cannot feel any on the left one. And here's the kicker. It cannot be made secure, because the cable will not go as deep into the IEM as it does on the other side. I've taken it out and put it back in so many times now, trying to get it to go down farther. It won't. And I've put serious force on it. I've taken out a flashlight and studied the bloody thing. Nothing seems to be obstructing it.

This may be the same issue others have reported with Angie.

My Balanced cable has always given me a great fit.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,285 of 3,122
  anyone use Angie with chord MOJO? I get hooked pretty badly right now...this combo is so damn amazing! 

Yep. Totally amazing. Although the difference between my Plenue M and the Mojo is quite hardly noticeable. I'm sue it will pair just as well with the other sirens.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,286 of 3,122
Since I've been testing out the FiiO X7, I've had to use the single-ended cable for Angie. The connection between the IEM and the cable on the right ear piece is loose and can cut out when pressure is put on it.

You can feel a little wiggle on that connector, and you cannot feel any on the left one. And here's the kicker. It cannot be made secure, because the cable will not go as deep into the IEM as it does on the other side. I've taken it out and put it back in so many times now, trying to get it to go down farther. It won't. And I've put serious force on it. I've taken out a flashlight and studied the bloody thing. Nothing seems to be obstructing it.

Had the exact same issue. Does the balanced cable fit better? I wonder if the new moon audio cable sent with the new Angie's fix the issue? Although we really shouldn't have to spend $200 replacing an inherent fault with the Angie's - free issue to all current owner's I imho.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #1,287 of 3,122

Had the exact same issue. Does the balanced cable fit better? I wonder if the new moon audio cable sent with the new Angie's fix the issue? Although we really shouldn't have to spend $200 replacing an inherent fault with the Angie's - free issue to all current owner's I imho.

I have the same issue with my Layla, no matter what you do the right side won't lock in tight like the left. Doesn't matter if its the balanced or unbalanced cable they both do it, I even bought a spare cable from JHA and it still does it. Oddly enough my Roxanne does not have this issue. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,288 of 3,122
No issue with my Angie cable connection. At all. I do have to push the end on, tighten collar, push some more, tighten collar again.

Happy Holidays Angie owners! :)

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,289 of 3,122
No issue with my Angie cable connection. At all. I do have to push the end on, tighten collar, push some more, tighten collar again.

Happy Holidays Angie owners! :)

I invented that method. :)

Dosent help in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back