JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 10, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #331 of 3,122
Thanks for the replies folks.

That's me in the Angie club. Ordered this morning and should be here tomorrow morning.  Got a decent price here in the UK.  10% off the price which was a saving of £90 which is not to be sniffed at.

Will do a little write up of how they fare against the K3003.  Could well be that my much loved K3003 get sold on soon though.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #332 of 3,122

That's me in the Angie club. Ordered this morning and should be here tomorrow morning.  Got a decent price here in the UK.  10% off the price which was a saving of £90 which is not to be sniffed at.

Will do a little write up of how they fare against the K3003.  Could well be that my much loved K3003 get sold on soon though.

Congrats on the purchase! New toys!

Looking forward to your impressions. :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #333 of 3,122

I could join the club too (next month)
Where did you bough it ? If you want to tell me
I might be interested. I live in France and the angies here is little pricier than other countries.
Thanks
And I want a second pair to test against my oriolus

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #334 of 3,122
  About to pull the trigger on these just something holding me back lol.  Are they a bit of a step up from my K3003? Only really seen them mentioned n the same breath on a couple of occasions.

I had a so-called QC problem when I first got them.  My right ear-piece lost sound in the midrange and I exchange them.  When it happened again, I found out that there were small holes inside the main hole.   Cleaned them with the eye of a needle and problem solved.  I now think my first pair was affected the same way.  Must've had a build-up in my right ear.
Since then, no trouble at all.
As for sticking out, they do a bit, but I can fall asleep with them in with no comfort issues.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #335 of 3,122
I could join the club too (next month)
Where did you bough it ? If you want to tell me
I might be interested. I live in France and the angies here is little pricier than other countries.
Thanks
And I want a second pair to test against my oriolus

Bought from Home AV Direct. There is a 10% discount code on selected Astell and Kern products. They are also authorised dealers.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #336 of 3,122
After owning UE Triple Fi10 many years ago I don't think them sticking out a bit will bother me too much lol.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #337 of 3,122
Bought from Home AV Direct. There is a 10% discount code on selected Astell and Kern products. They are also authorised dealers.

Thanks.
But I hope the code will be available at the end of the month .

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #338 of 3,122

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #339 of 3,122
How much of an audio difference do you notice from the Angie's with balanced from the AK120ii?

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #340 of 3,122
How much of an audio difference do you notice from the Angie's with balanced from the AK120ii?

Not much. Even balanced out of AK120ii, I feel Angie is underpowered at safe listening volumes (35 - 40). You don't get the headphone like big-sound, that you get out of K10.  If you don't mind carrying a stack, I would recommend a HUGO (used) instead.
For one box solution, I would wait until X7 is out. AK120 II is definitely not worth the retail. 

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #341 of 3,122
Not much. Even balanced out of AK120ii, I feel Angie is underpowered at safe listening volumes (35 - 40). You don't get the headphone like big-sound, that you get out of K10.  If you don't mind carrying a stack, I would recommend a HUGO (used) instead.
For one box solution, I would wait until X7 is out. AK120 II is definitely not worth the retail. 

Thanks. I'm quite happy with the Angie out of the ALO Rx IEM version. Completely killed my desire for the Hugo.

Actually my impressions are opposite of yours regarding big sound, but I also haven't heard the K10.

I keep looking at the AK120ii but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Your reply confirms once again why........ :wink_face:

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #342 of 3,122

Do agree with you. Own the AK100ii and tried the AK120ii. To me both DAPs are unable to drive the Angie to its full potential. Irregardless of single ended or balanced. Hope the new DX80 or X7 will do the trick! :)

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #345 of 3,122
They've arrived......Wow.
Will post more later lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back