JH-13 Pro tuned for hearing loss
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SoundBite

New Head-Fier
I just received my JH-13s by JH Audio. I sent in my audiologist report along with my molds, and my JH-13s were tuned to my hearing loss, and they sound great!! I put this in a thread, but I wanted everyone to know since it was a surprise to me that I could do that, so I'm posting this new thread too.

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 9
interesting. How exactly is that supposed to work? Do they just alter the loudness based on hearing ability in each ear?

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting. How exactly is that supposed to work? Do they just alter the loudness based on hearing ability in each ear?

From what I remember reading in the tinnitus thread, they can tune the earphones to not produce (or lessen the volume of) frequencies that your tinnitus blocks and gets amplified by-- having this done is supposed to help manage tinnitus.

I'm not sure if this is the same kind of deal or not.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundBite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my JH-13s by JH Audio. I sent in my audiologist report along with my molds, and my JH-13s were tuned to my hearing loss, and they sound great!! I put this in a thread, but I wanted everyone to know since it was a surprise to me that I could do that, so I'm posting this new thread too.

Reading stuff like this surprises me (in a good way) and makes me smile. When I think about what headphone a $1K budget can get me, I'm just more and more amazed by the IEM offerings (a fully custom design for your ear shape and sonics) and less and less excited about the current full-sized options out there.

It's good to know this sort of things can be done so everybody can enjoy good headphones. That's for letting us know.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I remember reading in the tinnitus thread, they can tune the earphones to not produce (or lessen the volume of) frequencies that your tinnitus blocks and gets amplified by-- having this done is supposed to help manage tinnitus.

I'm not sure if this is the same kind of deal or not.

That's really cool. It's a smart way to put technology to good use.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 9
Oh LOL, if I had known that, I would have brought them the hearing test report when I was there yesterday! Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back