Jewel Kilcher - 0304 (Excllent recording and production)
Mar 6, 2007 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
Just heard the album 0304 by Jewel.

Never a Jewel fan until I heard this album. Definitely audiophile quality recording and production.

I want her other albums.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 7
I like Jewel Kilcher's music and her journey. It's been very diverse in terms of the genres that she is exploring. A good album is her current one which is Goodbye Alice in Wonderland because it balances her pop, rock, and folk genres in one album. It pretty much is a good introduction to her past work but my most favorite one is still Pieces of You because the recording is very analog and uncompressed and I think this is what the general public has come to associate with her and her music. I recommend it.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 7
One of my favorite female singers! I don't have 0304 because I've heard it's not as good as the others, going to get it soon anyway just because I'm a completist.
wink.gif
Love her voice, she's got amazing range.

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dig this album too, be aware though that her others are nothing like it (though many of them are just as good). This is kind of her dance-pop album whereas the rest are more acoustic vocal folk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Jewel Kilcher's music and her journey. It's been very diverse in terms of the genres that she is exploring. A good album is her current one which is Goodbye Alice in Wonderland because it balances her pop, rock, and folk genres in one album. It pretty much is a good introduction to her past work but my most favorite one is still Pieces of You because the recording is very analog and uncompressed and I think this is what the general public has come to associate with her and her music. I recommend it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my favorite female singers! I don't have 0304 because I've heard it's not as good as the others, going to get it soon anyway just because I'm a completist.
wink.gif
Love her voice, she's got amazing range.

I agree with all of you. I have never been a Jewel fan until I got into audiophile Hi-Fi.

I agree that her first albums are a lot more alternative.

You know what? I believe you can hear it in 0304. The fact that she has become successful and she now has money to do a first class recording, more "pop" though it may be.

I agree that her prior albums are a lot more alternative and the song Pieces of You is awesome. But you can hear that the engineering of the album isn't that good.

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dig this album too, be aware though that her others are nothing like it (though many of them are just as good). This is kind of her dance-pop album whereas the rest are more acoustic vocal folk.

I actually dig her other albums more... I just wish they we're produced and engineered as good as 0304.

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 7
I just got this CD in a couple days ago, been on repeat.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have a question for everyone else who's also got this disc - any of you hear some extremely high-frequency clicking on track 5? It's very piercing on the AD2000, seems like it's in the 14-16 kHz range, and much more on the left channel than the right. Sounds as if someone left a machine running while the recording was going on.
blink.gif

Btw, tracks 2 and 8 are absolute magic on the AD2000. You know those moments where it feels like time stops, you're so caught up in the experience, it's like you're swirling around in x-factor goodness, and for a few minutes you feel like nothing else absolutely matters? That's exactly what happens for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back