Jet City Super Sonic Can Jam Impressions 4/14/2012
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Would like to start the impressions thread Seattle's latest meet. It was a awesome meet for the fact of all the new Headfiers that showed up. And we got to check out Doc B's Guitar Headphone amp. Ken from Revolution Power took it for a spin. Stuart360 made it from Bremerton on public transit got to listen to all the gear I believe with a little help from everybody. Seth came again from Hood River again with Bradley Engineering Swag. We got to witness the "Hammy Dance" from Hamsandwich another Portlander. There was a hand full that took advantage of getting ear impressions. Nice to see. Palmfish was the awesome host of the meet, we even were able to drive up to the tables and unload/load up. Was able to listen to the latest Portaphile at this meet. It just rocks with the Audeze's. It just rocks! The after meet was at Racha Noodle in Southcenter. There was a Mariners game so we could not make Pyramid Brewery. Poor curfeeler, his food got mixed up again. Will add more to the post in a bit. Have a few pic's too.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 13
My head is still swimming from everything I experienced at yesterday's meet.  
I had the opportunity to listen to both the Sennheiser 650 & 800's for the first time.  Another highlight was experiencing planer magnetic headphones. I can't wait to add a good amp & dec to my Mac.  Headfo folks are hospitable & enjoy sharing their knowledge & enthusiasm.

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 13
I'll be the first to say I really loved the Stax SR-009's :)
Thanks to Gil for making the arrangements and also thanks to our host for the contribution of a great venue.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 13
This was by far the coolest venue that we've had a meet at.  The whole atmosphere was relaxed and there was some great gear there like always.  Definitely liked the stax 009 setup but it made me wish I brought a CD to have a track I usually listen to on there.  Josh's LCD-3's were also very nice especially on his crazy setup.  I always look forward to getting some listening time on it at every meet.

I dunno but I think since getting my custom iem's, I don't really have anymore ambition to upgrade in the headphone realm.  Maybe that feeling is just temporary or maybe I'll find something that I'd eventually want to upgrade to.  Guess we'll find out at the next meet?

Thanks again Gil for making the meets possible.  I made sure to donate, even if it was just a little bit, just to show my appreciation.  I don't remember you passing around a donation box at any of the last meets but I think it's a great idea. 

May 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm so late to post on here, but I just got an account today so don't blame me. ;w; I joined the forum because my late birthday present came in the mail today, and to be honest I almost felt obligated to join because I got a lovely pair of Denon AH-D2000s. I don't know much about audiophile stuff, but I'd like to learn!

(This is "little palmfish", by the way! The brown-haired girl who was running around/following Palmfish like a shadow/trying to pick up tables that were probably way too big for her.)

I was helping my dad out with signs and letting people in and I also listened to lots of peoples' setups. It was a lot of fun to meet everyone and listen to their heavenly headphones!

Also, I don't remember who it was- but I was listening to somebody's setup with one of my dad's CDs, and when we tried to switch amps or something a fuse blew. In any case, I think I'd like to say that that was probably one of the setups I liked the most at the meet. Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful time!

May 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
I'm so late to post on here, but I just got an account today so don't blame me. ;w; I joined the forum because my late birthday present came in the mail today, and to be honest I almost felt obligated to join because I got a lovely pair of Denon AH-D2000s. I don't know much about audiophile stuff, but I'd like to learn!

(This is "little palmfish", by the way! The brown-haired girl who was running around/following Palmfish like a shadow/trying to pick up tables that were probably way too big for her.)

I was helping my dad out with signs and letting people in and I also listened to lots of peoples' setups. It was a lot of fun to meet everyone and listen to their heavenly headphones!

Also, I don't remember who it was- but I was listening to somebody's setup with one of my dad's CDs, and when we tried to switch amps or something a fuse blew. In any case, I think I'd like to say that that was probably one of the setups I liked the most at the meet. Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful time!

I remember after my first meet, I bought a D2000 and I thought $200 was a ton to spend on headphones at the time.  Then the next meet I ended up spending over $3000 by buying a LA7000, Beyer T1, and HD800.  This hobby is ridiculous!!

Enjoy your Denons, they are really great for an entry headphone.  I'm sure at the next meet you can compare those D2000's to someone's D7000's and somehow convince your dad to buy you those too =)

May 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Enjoy your new headphones!  I haven't gotten around to going over the list of Vocaloid stuff you wrote down for me, but I will sometime before the next meet.  I think.  :)

I think the rig with the blown fuse was Mossback's...at least that's the only one I can remember that had that happen at the meet.

May 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Enjoy your new headphones!  I haven't gotten around to going over the list of Vocaloid stuff you wrote down for me, but I will sometime before the next meet.  I think.  :)

I think the rig with the blown fuse was Mossback's...at least that's the only one I can remember that had that happen at the meet.

I already am enjoying them! I had my friends listen to them and they practically died, haha. And haha, you're lucky I didn't have my mp3 on my at the time, or that list would have been enormous.

Ooh, I think it was his, you're right. In any case, it was really nice-sounding. I do remember wishing they had a bit more bass... maybe that was somebody else.

Quote:

I remember after my first meet, I bought a D2000 and I thought $200 was a ton to spend on headphones at the time.  Then the next meet I ended up spending over $3000 by buying a LA7000, Beyer T1, and HD800.  This hobby is ridiculous!!

Enjoy your Denons, they are really great for an entry headphone.  I'm sure at the next meet you can compare those D2000's to someone's D7000's and somehow convince your dad to buy you those too =)

I know! When my dad first started buying stuff and sending them back and buying something else, I thought he was insane!

And yeah, I'm very excited for the next meet, I really hope I can go. I have my little amp from the auction that was at the meet at the faceplate-factory-place, so I have my own little tiny setup. It's not much, but it's a start!

May 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
I already am enjoying them! I had my friends listen to them and they practically died, haha. And haha, you're lucky I didn't have my mp3 on my at the time, or that list would have been enormous.

Ooh, I think it was his, you're right. In any case, it was really nice-sounding. I do remember wishing they had a bit more bass... maybe that was somebody else.

Oh I'm sure you'll have a chance to bombard me with more stuff at one of these meets.  ^.^

And you actually may still be thinking of the same rig.  While I'm not a basshead myself, one of the knocks against stat rigs is lighter bass presence.  It's all relative and subjective, though.

May 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Oh I'm sure you'll have a chance to bombard me with more stuff at one of these meets.  ^.^

And you actually may still be thinking of the same rig.  While I'm not a basshead myself, one of the knocks against stat rigs is lighter bass presence.  It's all relative and subjective, though.

It would be my pleasure to do so. XD You can check out my not-really-but-almost a setup, too! I plan on bringing it with me next time there's a meet that my dad and I go to.
Part of me feels like it's just going to be there to make his setup look better, though.

And I don't think I'm really /that/ much of a basshead, but I do like it quite a bit. It's mostly because I play bass in the school orchestra, though, I think- I'm the only bass player, in fact. So I guess it's natural that I would like bassier-ish headphones/setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back