Jet City Super Sonic Can Jam April 14, 2012 (Next Seattle Meet)
Apr 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #151 of 168
Were you at Sakura Con?  I know I ran into someone from head-fi, which I guess I shouldn't be TOO surprised about.  I was in the same boat and thought for a while I wouldn't be able to make the meet.

Yep indeed, and I actually ran into PlasticChicken as well just to find out he was responsible for the console gaming part there...and as I remember the week or two before when I checked about the meet, it was on the same day as one of the days of Sakura Con and thought I wouldn't be able to make it to the meet, and then here it goes :)

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #152 of 168
Looks like we are doing the pre-meet at 5pm to set up the tables and the gear that shows up tomorrow. We will have pre-meet festivities planned after the set-up. Any questions or concerns please contact me...ASAP

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #153 of 168
Ya'lls,

Plan at the moment is to bring a coupla chairs and the following (heavy!) gear:

Cayin SCD-50T SACD/CD
Pioneer SX-900 receiver (1971)
Marantz 2275 receiver (1977)
(vintage gear you gotta hear...the SX-900 has reverb and tone controls galore!)

AKG 702
Thundies
Denon D7000

cables and power conditioner.

Shooting for the 5 pm setup...if not, then be there at the earliest time possible to set up on Saturday.

be good to see ya all... I plan to spend a bit more time listening so its gonna be a mite noisy.
L3000.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #154 of 168

Quote:
Sachu, i did hear from Justin just now that my BHSE amp will not ship in time for the meet Saturday. just wanted to let you know as soon as possible so you can plan accordingly.

i hope you do come up to the meet anyway. i am planning on bringing my 009's and Aristaeus in any case.

THanks for letting me know Mike.

I'll try to make it on Saturday. Going to leave it up to how i feel that morning. Supposed to be a beautiful sunny day..we shall see.

How are you liking the Aristaeus + 009 combo by the way? Still have the O2mk1?

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #155 of 168

Quote:
Yep indeed, and I actually ran into PlasticChicken as well just to find out he was responsible for the console gaming part there...and as I remember the week or two before when I checked about the meet, it was on the same day as one of the days of Sakura Con and thought I wouldn't be able to make it to the meet, and then here it goes
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool.  I was responsible for wandering around and getting drunk at night.  :)

Quote:
Looks like we are doing the pre-meet at 5pm to set up the tables and the gear that shows up tomorrow. We will have pre-meet festivities planned after the set-up. Any questions or concerns please contact me...ASAP

I'll try to be there after work to help out bro.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #156 of 168

Quote:
THanks for letting me know Mike.

I'll try to make it on Saturday. Going to leave it up to how i feel that morning. Supposed to be a beautiful sunny day..we shall see.

How are you liking the Aristaeus + 009 combo by the way? Still have the O2mk1?

the Aristaeus + 009 combo is very very good, i'd call it 'special'. i wish i could bring my tt set-up or RTR tape to the meet Saturday as those sources really allow the Aristaeus + 009 to sing. my plan has been to wait until the BHSE to arrive before i do any serious critical listening but i do enjoy it.

i do still have the O2 Mk1 and the SRM-717 but i have not tried the O2 Mk1 on the Aristaeus or even plugged in the SRM-717 for awhile.

hope to see you on Saturday.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #157 of 168
Heading out to Seattle from Hood River.

I forgot again to bring a headphone stand...

If anyone has an extra one I could borrow for the meet or purchase, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #158 of 168

Quote:

. i wish i could bring my tt set-up or RTR tape to the meet Saturday as those sources really allow the Aristaeus + 009 to sing. 

Hey Mike, I'll be bringing my Nagra. If you want we can try hooking things together.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #160 of 168
Heading out to Seattle from Hood River.

I forgot again to bring a headphone stand...

If anyone has an extra one I could borrow for the meet or purchase, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I will bring you one seth. Just bringing portable gear this time.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #161 of 168
Good morning,

All packed up and I felt jazzed up for today. That was last night.

Woke up feeling sick and it has gotten agonizing to move about...since it just might be catching, I think I have to back out of coming today as I don't want to give the gift that keeps on giving nor do I want to prolong my recovery as the office work has been quite hectic .  I am really disappointed but at this point I don't have the energy to lug about, set up, and tear down my heavy rig ....nor do I have the attention span necessary to divine the "specialness" of ya'lls gear.  It is not often one sees an AMB, an Aristaeus, some heavy-hitting Stax setups, LCD-3s all in the same room.  I just don't have what it takes today to really glean from them the attributes for an upgrade path.

I am going to really regret this one.  I wish you all a very wonderful meet and look forward to the next one.  Gil: please keep me in mind.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #162 of 168
I hope you feel better and we will see you next time.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #164 of 168
Sorry guys, won't be able to make this one. Was looking forward to give my 650 a run on a beautiful day like today but got invited to dinner (our New Year) so cannot really wiggle out of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back