Jerry Harvey Audio?
Apr 7, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #16 of 28
I think the Jolene Thread is the most JH active discussions.

Great IEM that I regret not going straight into Custom.

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #17 of 28
We're interested, message me and we'll set something up.
I’m into the Tour as well. :wink:

Mostly Roxanne now. Jolene Custom on next sale. (@a.w.bailey tips for next special edition to match my Layala Silver Matrix, Jolene Copper Strikes with a unique faceplate. 😏)

Apr 9, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #18 of 28
my JH IEMs
layla-jolene.jpg

I love laylas, but I've been stuck on Jolene since I got them. Some day I might even go custom :L3000:

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 28
Are there any Jerry Harvey Audio owners? Are they worth looking into?
Thanks,
Ryan
I havent bought anything new IEMs since getting a JH13v2 back in 2016. I initially disliked it but after using a different source, I was happy with it but I've heard better sounding gear. I often go back and forth with the bass dial to mix things up once in a while. I can listen to it up the 2 o clock position for the most bass and all the way down to the lowest position for a flatter bass response.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #20 of 28
I was enamored by the original JH13 and 11 (pre freqphase) back in early 2010s and the jh13 was my grail iem. I've tried some JH customs including Roxannes a few years ago when I was in the market for new iems and was very disappointed with their newer offering. I'm guessing they changed their tuning direction but it sounded dull and a tad bloated unlike their initial offering when Jerry departed from UE. To me the original JH13 was the pinnacle of iem sound when it was first release and they never regained that spark for me. The decision to make the bass tuning port on the cable is also a big turn off for me.Whats

I was enamored by the original JH13 and 11 (pre freqphase) back in early 2010s and the jh13 was my grail iem. I've tried some JH customs including Roxannes a few years ago when I was in the market for new iems and was very disappointed with their newer offering. I'm guessing they changed their tuning direction but it sounded dull and a tad bloated unlike their initial offering when Jerry departed from UE. To me the original JH13 was the pinnacle of iem sound when it was first release and they never regained that spark for me. The decision to make the bass tuning port on the cable is also a big turn off for me.
Why is the bass knob a problem for you? Is it the location or the idea? I know there are now 3rd party bass knob solutions that will let you cable swap. I havent bought one but I'm considering it.

Apr 10, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #21 of 28
Funny, I basically bought a JH13 in the room at CanJam 2009 when Jerry debuted them. They were an endgame that basically cured me of full-sized headphones for quite a number of years, until they were in a bag that got stolen in 2015. I think of their more recent models, the Lola is probably the closest to the JH13's very enjoyable tuning, though I haven't yet heard the new Jolene. I disagree about the bass tuning on the cables, I think it's a great little innovation that lets you tune to a specific rig or environment, even if listening from a device where high-quality EQ isn't available.
Why is the bass knob a problem for you? Is it the location or the idea? I know there are now 3rd party bass knob solutions that will let you cable swap. I havent bought one but I'm considering it.
I'll keep a lookout for the lola and jolene if I attend any tradeshows this year. Definitely a relief to see canjam coming back. My issue is not with the tuning itself in fact I actually like the idea of a tunable earphone (ala Inear Prophile 8 and qdc VX) but rather the bulk of the cable. Granted that might be the only way to assure proper attenuation but it simply doesn't gel with the way I use my iem but it's completely up to the individual. I'm also not one who change cables a lot unless it breaks or for ergonomic purposes but the use of proprietary plugs and bass attenuation port means I can't easily swap to something else in my collection. This is not limited to just JH but also applies to other makers like Fitear and qdc etc.

Apr 10, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #22 of 28
I'll keep a lookout for the lola and jolene if I attend any tradeshows this year. Definitely a relief to see canjam coming back. My issue is not with the tuning itself in fact I actually like the idea of a tunable earphone (ala Inear Prophile 8 and qdc VX) but rather the bulk of the cable. Granted that might be the only way to assure proper attenuation but it simply doesn't gel with the way I use my iem but it's completely up to the individual. I'm also not one who change cables a lot unless it breaks or for ergonomic purposes but the use of proprietary plugs and bass attenuation port means I can't easily swap to something else in my collection. This is not limited to just JH but also applies to other makers like Fitear and qdc etc.
I get it. Good thing there are very enterprising people out there that will let you pick a different connector and cable. It's on Linsoul.

Apr 10, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 28
my JH IEMs
layla-jolene.jpg
I love laylas, but I've been stuck on Jolene since I got them. Some day I might even go custom :L3000:
Pretty babies, I should have written a review for the Jolene, to help spread the word. I love it and will go custom sometime this year.
@a.w.bailey, general question around the Attenuator… I see that we have an option to build our Customs without the attenuation… would we have any way to built it in a way that 5PM current effect would be 12PM and we could dial up from there? Asking specifically for the Jolene. I would like my cable/Jolene to have an bass effect pass current 5PM (more low end).

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #24 of 28
I would say yes, the Contour XO has made me sell all of the TOTL IEMs listed on my profile!

Jan 5, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #26 of 28
Love my JH Jolene CIEMs, the best audio system I've used for rock and roll. Kickdrums and bass are reproduced with the slam and punch I crave. It sounds as if I'm in the studio with the rock band. Much better than Roxanne's, which I am not a fan of. Once I removed the memory wire from the ear hooks, comfort is fantastic.

IMG_1150.jpg

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #27 of 28
Love my JH Jolene CIEMs, the best audio system I've used for rock and roll. Kickdrums and bass are reproduced with the slam and punch I crave. It sounds as if I'm in the studio with the rock band. Much better than Roxanne's, which I am not a fan of. Once I removed the memory wire from the ear hooks, comfort is fantastic.

IMG_1150.jpg

Those shells are so so pretty and so well built!

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #28 of 28

IMG_1150.jpg
Man those look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back