Jeff Buckley-- Grace remaster coming...
Jun 1, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 8
I like jeff buckley a lot and I think Grace is a truly classic album, but does anyone besides me think this is getting a bit excessive?

I mean he only officially released one CD and a couple of EP/s while he was alive which assumes that it was the only thing he thought worthy of release.

In my collection I have "Grace" (both on CD and pre-recorded mini disk), "...my sweetheart the drunk", "Mystery White Boy", "Songs to no-one", "live at Sine (deluxe edition)", "the grace EP's".

Short of recordings of him gargling what else could their be left?

Jun 1, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 8
It is getting a bit excessive imo, yes. But this is what happens when a musician dies - his music gets more popular and respected, and if there is a demand for it (which there is in this case) then every recording ever made short of that person farting backstage is released so that people can make money off of it. Look at Nick Drake for example. There is going to be an album coming out soon with a "lost song" of his on it. You know, like somebody just happened to stumble upon it in the attic somewhere. Like it was really lost in the first place, rather than bought as property by the record company, didn't make the final cut of one of his albums, and so it was saved until further date when they could profit from it. Things like this help sell records.

Personally I don't care much at all about the bonuses and extras, but love the fact that they are remastering Grace, which is one of my favourite albums. If they were releasing that just by itself I would be much happier... but instead they are milking their money out of me. And it will probably work... unless I try and find it at a used CD shop or something.

Jun 2, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 8
I suppose this is good news, but for those of us who have the Grace EP set, I'm wondering what else there could be.

Oh, and a double
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
to Sony for not re-releasing this one on SACD!! Losers!!!

Jun 2, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 8
I suppose this is good news, but for those of us who have the Grace EP set, I'm wondering what else there could be.

Oh, and a double
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
to Sony for not re-releasing this one on SACD!! Losers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back