Jedi Mind Tricks
Apr 18, 2010 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Long time fan; just recently got into "Psycho Social Chemical..."
I think its a masterpiece.

Although i dont necessarily agree with the lyrics/varied political views, I really appreciate the passion here and, complexity of the rhymes.

Anything else thats similar that you think i might like?

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Jedi Mind Tricks are so unusual that anyone that doesn't run in those circles won't have the same style. Its a love hate thing.

But pretty much anyone in Army of the Pharaohs has the same political stance, religious beliefs, and emotionally charged lyrics. You said you are a long time fan so I'm sure you are already familiar with all the members of AoTP.

Used to listen to a lot of that but it grew old and didn't withstand the test of time. Still entertaining here and there though, mostly Violent by Design, which in my opinion is their only complete work.

But if you are looking for complexity and passion you can satisfy that better by looking in other directions.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 8
WU

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 8
I like Blue Scholars, Talib Kweli, um.... I used to like Immortal Technique but not so much anymore. K'naan is good too. I don't know if these would appeal to you but I liked/found out about them around the same time as Jedi.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jedi Mind Tricks are so unusual that anyone that doesn't run in those circles won't have the same style. Its a love hate thing.

But pretty much anyone in Army of the Pharaohs has the same political stance, religious beliefs, and emotionally charged lyrics. You said you are a long time fan so I'm sure you are already familiar with all the members of AoTP.

Used to listen to a lot of that but it grew old and didn't withstand the test of time. Still entertaining here and there though, mostly Violent by Design, which in my opinion is their only complete work.

But if you are looking for complexity and passion you can satisfy that better by looking in other directions.

I agree with this post pretty much completely.
To be honest, I think Stoupe is what makes JMTs music so unique. Vinnie Paz, unfortunately, gets a bit repetitive in his rhymes, but it's also pretty unique I suppose in that there aren't many rappers who spit as he does.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #8 of 8
yup I listen to JMT & AOTP every now and then, i like it because of the anger and rage in the lyrics AND in the delivery
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back