JDSlabs Element III - Official Owners Group
Apr 10, 2023 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pirastro

100+ Head-Fier
Since no one else has beaten me to the punch, I thought I'd go ahead and take the opportunity to start the official thread for proud owners of the Element III by JDSlabs. Anyone's impressions, thoughts, questions, and everything Element III is welcomed. Let's get this started and join the group!

Apr 10, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 11
This is awkward.....

Apr 10, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 11
Oh, after some internet research, I've discovered that us headfiers don't like JDSlabs. Looks like you have to go to audiosciencereview to find any love. What's the deal with this? It sounds amazing and is super affordable. Can anyone shed some light into this?

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 11
anyone?

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 11
Howdy stranger. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. =)

Jokes aside, I feel like JDS got left behind. They were known for the original Atom amp due to ASR's rave review. Aside from that, they don't really have anything interesting as of late. I have tried everything in their product line, including the old Atom and Element II. Their EL and Atom amps are pretty much the same amp just different enclosures. The only things different about the Element III are the small LED screen and digital volume knob. Sound wise, most of their stuff sound very similar. JDS is a good choice for someone who just want a transparent setup and is made in the US. Other than that, there are better options out there.

Apr 11, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 11
I personally think that the made in the USA part is huge. Also, having real customer support is HUGE. I recently bought a product from a very big Chifi company and have received ZERO customer support for a product with major bugs. I'm happy to spend more for a product that is made with quality manufacturing in the USA. Especially within a market that has basically been taken over by products cheaply made in China.

Apr 11, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 11
And they didn't get left behind. Only at head-fi are they being ignored. They're selling out of the Element III and receive critical praise all over except on this forum. I think there's more going on...

Apr 11, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #8 of 11
I have an Emotive BasX A-100 that I think is great. It gets some love here but not as much as I think it deserves. I have four Schiit products that I enjoy and they get a lot of love. One of the founders' posts regularly here and that gives their products visability. That could be one of the issues with JDS and Emotiva gear.

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #9 of 11
I personally think that the made in the USA part is huge. Also, having real customer support is HUGE. I recently bought a product from a very big Chifi company and have received ZERO customer support for a product with major bugs. I'm happy to spend more for a product that is made with quality manufacturing in the USA. Especially within a market that has basically been taken over by products cheaply made in China.
True. JDS is also known for their excellent customer service and transferable warranty. However, I am not really a fan of how their stuff sound. I have had my fair share of ChiFi equipment. I have since sold off all due to nonexistent warranty.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Deleted.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 11
True. JDS is also known for their excellent customer service and transferable warranty. However, I am not really a fan of how their stuff sound. I have had my fair share of ChiFi equipment. I have since sold off all due to nonexistent warranty.
What have you heard and what did you not like about the sound? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back