JDS Labs - Truly Red Carpet Customer Service
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TC91

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to take the time to recognize John Seaber and JDS Labs for some of the absolute best customer service I've ever had.  There were a couple minor issues with my order, but John has done pretty much every single thing possible to resolve them.  My incident likely involved a lot of bad luck, but JDS Labs stood behind their products each and every time, which was just, awesome to say the least!

Sometime in January or February - I forget, I originally ordered the O2 and ODAC from JDS Labs (both black), but specified that I wanted the 1x/2.5x gain for the O2.  For some reason my message in the checkout was cut off and I received the default 2.5x/6.5x gain version, and I realized that once I started using some of my more sensitive headphones at low volumes, where I was getting channel imbalance.  I also noticed that the ODAC casing was also a bit scuffed up. 

Sent off an email to JDS Labs and got a very prompt reply within a few minutes, John sent me a PDF on how to modify the amplifier to get the 1x gain and also offered to cross ship a second amp - I wasn't comfortable with modifying the amp so John promptly sent out another O2 with the custom gains of 1x low and 2.5x high.  Furthermore, John also sent out another ODAC casing in the meantime as well, as they apparently had a bad batch - they were probably really busy with their new C5 amplifier coming out at the time so I'd imagine meticulously checking out every single casing would have not been practical and probably would have resulted in a tonne of delayed orders for them.  They even let me hang onto the original O2 unit until I received the new one prior to sending it back!

A couple weeks later I got the second O2 unit, this one had the 1x/2.5x gain which was great, except that the board inside was sliding around and making a knocking sound almost, might have been a bad casing or probably possible shipping damage.  The amp still worked but I was concerned with the board sliding around.  A small cosmetic issue I brought up was that the volume pot was sticking out more than the first unit and was not as flush to the case.  The second ODAC casing was still a bit scuffed up.  Sent another email to John, and got a prompt reply as always, and John offered to cover the return shipping cost for them to fix the issue with the O2 board sliding around in the casing and also to adjust the volume pot.  Also, John reassured me that they will send out a new ODAC casing once they get a good batch in. 

To my luck, there was a massive snow storm at that time (yay Canada!) and again, John was very accommodating and surprisingly, cross shipped a third (!!!) O2 and told me to send the first two back at my convenience, and on top of that, JDS Labs also reimbursed me for the return shipping!  I sent out the first two O2's a day or two after I received the tracking number for the third O2, and just received it a few weeks ago - it is precisely what I wanted, with the custom gain settings, absolutely no movement of the board inside the case, and the volume pot is nearly flush with the casing!  I am currently just waiting for a better batch of ODAC casings from JDS Labs.

Overall, JDS Labs has proven to have some of the very best customer service in ANY industry, with extremely prompt email replies, a very customer first attitude, and will absolutely stand behind their products!!!  I would not hesitate to recommend JDS Labs as I have complete confidence that they will be able to iron out any issues promptly and look forward to purchasing more products from them in the future!!!  Cheers to John and JDS Labs!!!

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 8
Good to hear TC91, more often than not, people are quick to post if they have bad customer service. It's so easy to bitch when you feel slighted. Great to hear positive comments and a Company that is quick to respond, great customer service seems to be a rare bird these days. Thanks for your post, JDS Labs and karma.... Cheers to John Seaber for staying on top of your issue.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 8
I have found their customer service to be brilliant every time. JDS Labs really care about their customers and want them to be happy, they really do bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy.
Cheers to John!
JDS Labs and Alclair are the best companies for brilliant customer service. Cosmic ears are not far behind.

May 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I just wanted to take the time to recognize John Seaber and JDS Labs for some of the absolute best customer service I've ever had.  There were a couple minor issues with my order, but John has done pretty much every single thing possible to resolve them.  My incident likely involved a lot of bad luck, but JDS Labs stood behind their products each and every time, which was just, awesome to say the least!

Sometime in January or February - I forget, I originally ordered the O2 and ODAC from JDS Labs (both black), but specified that I wanted the 1x/2.5x gain for the O2.  For some reason my message in the checkout was cut off and I received the default 2.5x/6.5x gain version, and I realized that once I started using some of my more sensitive headphones at low volumes, where I was getting channel imbalance.  I also noticed that the ODAC casing was also a bit scuffed up. 

Sent off an email to JDS Labs and got a very prompt reply within a few minutes, John sent me a PDF on how to modify the amplifier to get the 1x gain and also offered to cross ship a second amp - I wasn't comfortable with modifying the amp so John promptly sent out another O2 with the custom gains of 1x low and 2.5x high.  Furthermore, John also sent out another ODAC casing in the meantime as well, as they apparently had a bad batch - they were probably really busy with their new C5 amplifier coming out at the time so I'd imagine meticulously checking out every single casing would have not been practical and probably would have resulted in a tonne of delayed orders for them.  They even let me hang onto the original O2 unit until I received the new one prior to sending it back!

A couple weeks later I got the second O2 unit, this one had the 1x/2.5x gain which was great, except that the board inside was sliding around and making a knocking sound almost, might have been a bad casing or probably possible shipping damage.  The amp still worked but I was concerned with the board sliding around.  A small cosmetic issue I brought up was that the volume pot was sticking out more than the first unit and was not as flush to the case.  The second ODAC casing was still a bit scuffed up.  Sent another email to John, and got a prompt reply as always, and John offered to cover the return shipping cost for them to fix the issue with the O2 board sliding around in the casing and also to adjust the volume pot.  Also, John reassured me that they will send out a new ODAC casing once they get a good batch in. 

To my luck, there was a massive snow storm at that time (yay Canada!) and again, John was very accommodating and surprisingly, cross shipped a third (!!!) O2 and told me to send the first two back at my convenience, and on top of that, JDS Labs also reimbursed me for the return shipping!  I sent out the first two O2's a day or two after I received the tracking number for the third O2, and just received it a few weeks ago - it is precisely what I wanted, with the custom gain settings, absolutely no movement of the board inside the case, and the volume pot is nearly flush with the casing!  I am currently just waiting for a better batch of ODAC casings from JDS Labs.

Overall, JDS Labs has proven to have some of the very best customer service in ANY industry, with extremely prompt email replies, a very customer first attitude, and will absolutely stand behind their products!!!  I would not hesitate to recommend JDS Labs as I have complete confidence that they will be able to iron out any issues promptly and look forward to purchasing more products from them in the future!!!  Cheers to John and JDS Labs!!!

+1, totally agree.  I exchanged a few emails with John and I found him very easy to work with.  He gets it.  I would definitely buy another product from him.

May 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 8
I also want to chime in that JDS has provided above and beyond customer service.  So far I've purchased the CMoyBB and the C5 from them.  I will definitely do business with them again in the future.

May 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 8
They do have very quick response times for the contact form. Hopefully my problem gets resolved soon, because it is doing my head in.

I've ordered a O2/ODAC from them to come to Victoria Australia. Unfortunetly USPS sent the parcel to New Zealand instead where it has sat for 17 days (been 25 days since original dispatch) without moving or any updates. Auspost have confirmed that it has not left NZ to arrive here. I've contacted NZ post to no response, Auspost had no help, USPS said they need the sender to contact them. I must commend John Seaber for responding to my emails within hours and offering to contact USPS and get a trace done. All it comes to now is a waiting game to see if it ever finds its way here. John has been very courteous so far when we have been in contact and thoughtful in his explanations.

Fingers crossed X

EDIT: John Seaber met with the post master in his state to sort out this mess. They got into contact with New Zealand customs and have sent a fax with the details needed to get it sent on to Australia. John kept me updated through this process. Should be getting here soon.

Very happy with the support I've received.

EDIT2: Still have not received the item at all, another 10 days since the last edit. No messages from JDS whatsoever since. Will email now to see what is up to date.

EDIT3 FINAL: I never received this item because the US postal service lost the dac/amp, but I was given a full refund. Annoying yes having waited 6-7 weeks without ever getting it, but at least John was a very good with helping me and investigating the items disappearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back