JDS Labs Element II vs. Schiit Asgard 3
Oct 11, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #16 of 17
Sorry for the bump, I found this thread through search. I was wondering if you could elaborate further on this statement. The only reason why I even considered picking the Asgard was to have the DAC be built in. What would one reasonably gain from having it be an external one?
I run the Asgard 3 /multibit card and satisfied with the sound as I have a modi but prefer the multibit card if you are going to an external DAC I would then get a Bifrost 2 from what I understand you might gain some detail in the music source depending.

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #17 of 17
A few people in here are saying that the Asgard 3 is warmer sounding than the JDS Element 2. However, I've heard DMS say that the Element 2 is generally neutral sounding yet has a noticeable bump/more impact in the sub-bass - which sound very appealing if true.

For those that have heard both; would the difference between the two be that stark that you think you'd notice it in a blind test?

I've been trying to get hold of an Asgard 3 for over 2 years, but Schiit's sole UK distributor has never managed to get a single unit of stock in for the last 2 years - before or during COVID - so I'm thinking I may just plump for the Element 2 if the sonic difference between them isn't that significance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back