JD's cmoy with HD600
Jan 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gomoo

New Head-Fier
I'm a new user of JD's cmoy 2.02 and power the HD600 with it.
I'm really surprised how good a simple and small amp can be.
But I'm also surprised by the sound I get out of the Senns. I miss some upper mids and it seems to me that the tonal balance of this combination is not really neutral. It also seems to me that I hear the headphone, not the music (Does that make any sense???). Is this the problem of the
HD600 or the cmoy. The cmoy has now approx. 6 hours on them. Will this change with further burn in?
I'm also planning to buy a DT770 pro. Will the tonal balance change more from the darker sound of the HD600 to a brighter soundstage with the DT770?

Jan 4, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Are you happy with the cmoy,its a nice one,but would recommend listening to your HD 600 with some other commercial amp, and seeing if your problem is the amp or not, rather then buying a new headphone.

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 4
No, no, I think that the amp is o.k. It's amazing what this little thing gets out of the HD 600. I assume that I'm a victim of the what you all say, typicall dark HD 600 sound. I'm just interested if DT700 will increase the upper mids.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, no, I think that the amp is o.k. It's amazing what this little thing gets out of the HD 600. I assume that I'm a victim of the what you all say, typicall dark HD 600 sound. I'm just interested if DT700 will increase the upper mids.

The cMoyBB handles more than double the voltage of most cMoys, meaning the dynamic range of high impedance headphones can be extended even further when using a high voltage (24V) DC adapter. This could increase the SQ also with the HD 600.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back