JDS c5 + Momentum ???
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

luicre87

New Head-Fier
Hi !! 
I've been looking for a good portable amp (under $200) for sennheiser momentum and reading a few posts I've found  JDS c5.... I'm interested in some opinions more qualified than mine...would it really improve SQ?
thank you

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 5
I was looking for the same info and found this post. I just came from a local headphone store and tried the Momentums with whichever amps they had in store with my iPod mini. There weren't many choices: Fiio E6, E11, E12, NuForce MMP, JDS C5. The only amp that mad a distinct difference was the C5...but even more so after I used a Fiio LOD (L3 or L9). More clarity and liveliness.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 5
I was looking for the same info and found this post. I just came from a local headphone store and tried the Momentums with whichever amps they had in store with my iPod mini. There weren't many choices: Fiio E6, E11, E12, NuForce MMP, JDS C5. The only amp that mad a distinct difference was the C5...but even more so after I used a Fiio LOD (L3 or L9). More clarity and liveliness.

+1

The biggest difference will be if you can use an LOD. Otherwise, you would be double amping the sound. Might not notice any real difference unless you were already pushing the Ipod to its limits in terms of volume. Then the extra headroom could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back