JCV/Victor DX1000: Has Anyone Recabled or Balanced These?
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

orkney

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Really enjoying these phones and intrigued by the possibility of even greater performance (eg., midrange presence) via either recable or going balanced -- has anyone gone that route with the DX1000s? Or is stock as good as it gets with these phones? I'd hate to lose that wooden pluggy bit...

best,

o

EDIT: Xenithon has convinced me. Balanced DX1000s, anyone?

Apr 27, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 7
This is a question I too am intrigued by - in particular, the balanced part of the equation
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just intrigued about the phones, they are next on my list, hope to order w/in a month. Any insights?

Same here. What's the best price you've seen? I haven't really found anything lower than $900 w/ shipping on PriceJapan.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 7
$870. on Pricejapan today before shipping, audiocubes is like $948. i think but price japan may only take cash i checked a about three weeks ago when i was first going to bite the bullet but backed off. Not sure but credit cards mean i can get it sooner. The price is best today of any in the last few weeks that i have popped in at 870. at one point it was 903.-depends on the dollar.

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 7
I am really starting to love these phones. Light weight and comfortable. They have broken in (took awhile) and are at this moment linked to the Rockhopper built M^3. One of the better phones for low level listening I can recall, VERY well balanced at low levels. They include a nice single ended cable, I would hate to have a performance change (for the worse) or (GAD-ZOOKS!!) damage to the lovely enclosures.
Probably the one to trust with the conversion is Alex at Apuresound.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Really enjoying these phones and intrigued by the possibility of even greater performance (eg., midrange presence) via either recable or going balanced -- has anyone gone that route with the DX1000s?

Orkney, go for it. I cannot say anybody has tired these using a balanced Topology let alone a simple cable upgrade. Either way I think you would be in for a pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back