Jcally EP05 , JC10 Bio-cel Endgame $16 worth $1000!
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

cdsa35000

500+ Head-Fier
jcally1.jpg

From Left: STAX srm-252s with SR-003MK2, Cowon Plenue D2 with EP05, Xbox1X gamepad with JC10.
jcally2.jpg

Closeups.
ep05.jpg

EP05.

Short story: Hearing is believing, Finally after decades found the Bio-cel/composite diaphragm endgame sounds in Jcally EP05 and JC10 from Aliexpress.

These buds have bio composite porous diaphragms for more natural timbres and they sounds like combined electrostats and fullsize bassy headphones without the heavy/sweaty/listening fatigue discomforts on the head.
Thats why I said hearing is believing. Just look at the tech. Bio-cel diaphragm for natural sound timbres, since they are here very thin, they sounds like electrostats easy non harsh detailed mids/high with pure aluminium voice coil, thats high ends stuff.
I use it for everything dolby atmos surround 4k blurays/videos/music/gaming.

EP05 use silverplated cable hence more dynamic sparkly trebles/bass, JC10 sounds more flat neutral, perfect for long 8+hours marathons/background/sleeping sessions.
I bought 5x sets EP05 and 5x sets JC05 just because its I can.

Here's the listing of headphones/buds I have, I always do modifications to the headphones/amps because the stocksound doesn't satified my hearing, the buds can't do much modification as they're glued in housing other than exchange the cable/jack plug.
List:
SONY MDR CD555, SONY CD777, SONY CD999, SONY CD1000, SONY CD3000, SONY SA3000, SONY SA5000, SONY HW700DS, SONY WI-1000XM2, Creative Aurvana Live!/(SE)/Live!2, DENON AH-GC30, FOSTEX TH610, FOSTEX TH900, [AudioQuest NightOwl is a disgrace to bio-cel family, cant be saved by mods, still sounds like boxed-in subwoofer without mids/highs], STAX SR- L500MK2, STAX SR-003MK2/STAX SRM-252S/STAX SRM-D50, Endgame with JCally EP05 and JC10.
---
Heavyduty Soundtest for your speakers/headphones/media: if it doesn't sound clear/lifelike then your gears are not capable, no problems with EP05:

BEWARE the fake/sabotaged ones on lucky draws:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jca...ame-16-worth-1000.959655/page-3#post-16568246

Edited pic from re23071998:
---
I received today the 2nd pair JC10, ordered a week apart from same seller. As calculated expected this one is "fake" worth $3 ones from their cheapest, due their worker's sabotages.
You can't missed it if you received the fake/sabotaged ones, its like night and day, the transparant plastic drivers just sounds like plastic-foil trash sacket!
I got lucky to receive first the real ones EP05/JC10 thats worth $1k vs the 2nd JC10 $3.

Pic fake JC10:

Good luck get the real ones!
Bio-film Investigation Part2:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jcally-ep05-jc10-bio-cel-endgame-16-worth-1000.959655/post-16573021

Attachments

• jc10.jpg
    jc10.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #3 of 155
Just curious, how does your Stax measure against the other 2?
Stax L500/003 ofcourse sounds 'superb fast detailed transients mids/highs/(mid)-bass' but still lacking/missing the lower end rumbling bass spectrum for the full total sound, plus cumbersome driveramp setup/headphones fit. EP05/JC10 just plug n play and forget you have earphones in ear, just like normal listening.

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 155
Stax L500/003 ofcourse sounds 'superb fast detailed transients mids/highs/(mid)-bass' but still lacking/missing the lower end rumbling bass spectrum for the full total sound, plus cumbersome driveramp setup/headphones fit. EP05/JC10 just plug n play and forget you have earphones in ear, just like normal listening.

I was actually looking at the SR-003 MKII and SRM-252S combo as they look closest to the regular earbuds setting that I'm used to. Are they any good compared to those full sized Stax?

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 155
I was actually looking at the SR-003 MKII and SRM-252S combo as they look closest to the regular earbuds setting that I'm used to. Are they any good compared to those full sized Stax?
To me yes 003 after some mods is better than L500 due the headphones size/weight/fit.
Since 003 is iem it must fit deep and sealed in the ear channel, I put an silicone o-ring under the tip to broaden and soften the contact surface on the ear channel to seal, now will sound perfect with "full" bass. I can wear for x hours now where-else unmodded hurt in minutes, still too cumbersome and the srm-252S must be modded to sounds worthfull over the EP05/JC10.

I suggest buy the EP05/JC10 and just called it a day/night endgame.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 155
Have you tried any other chifi earbuds?

JCally also has higher end models like EP09.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 155
To me yes 003 after some mods is better than L500 due the headphones size/weight/fit.
Since 003 is iem it must fit deep and sealed in the ear channel, I put an silicone o-ring under the tip to broaden and soften the contact surface on the ear channel to seal, now will sound perfect with "full" bass. I can wear for x hours now where-else unmodded hurt in minutes, still too cumbersome and the srm-252S must be modded to sounds worthfull over the EP05/JC10.

I suggest buy the EP05/JC10 and just called it a day/night endgame.

I might just try them when they are on discount... :beerchug:

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #8 of 155
Have you tried any other chifi earbuds?

JCally also has higher end models like EP09.
To make it clear I am focussed on the Bio-cel-fibre/nano composite porous diaphragms found in older Sony/Fostex/Denon and other custom brands.
To me only this magnet-dynamic thinner bio type porous diag. can reproduce soundwaves most airly natural/timbre lifelike than the common non-porous plastic/pet/lc with coated metal layer, because the dynamic type different matrial with magnetic moving coil have direct influence in the air movement/obstruction, hence different "signature"..
Only (Stax) electrostatic (condensator/capacitor) contactless very thin plastic diag. is able to reproduce (most) natural tonality transient airly sounds, because there is \ncenot thick diag. and heavy coil materials to move with.

EP08/EP09 use coated berillum plastic diag. is Not the porous bio type, hence the clue here was these cheap thinner bio-cel EP05/JC10 beat even the expensive bio-cel full size headphones, due the thinner/smaller/easier to drive bio-cel earphones construction.
Thats why I call these endgame for me, no need find others.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 155
To make it clear I am focussed on the Bio-cel-fibre/nano composite porous diaphragms found in older Sony/Fostex/Denon and other custom brands.
To me only this magnet-dynamic thinner bio type porous diag. can reproduce soundwaves most airly natural/timbre lifelike than the common non-porous plastic/pet/lc with coated metal layer, because the dynamic type different matrial with magnetic moving coil have direct influence in the air movement/obstruction, hence different "signature"..
Only (Stax) electrostatic (condensator/capacitor) contactless very thin plastic diag. is able to reproduce (most) natural tonality transient airly sounds, because there is \ncenot thick diag. and heavy coil materials to move with.

EP08/EP09 use coated berillum plastic diag. is Not the porous bio type, hence the clue here was these cheap thinner bio-cel EP05/JC10 beat even the expensive bio-cel full size headphones, due the thinner/smaller/easier to drive bio-cel earphones construction.
Thats why I call these endgame for me, no need find others.
Thank you for clarifying. I've added them to my wishlist.

I'm listening to Creative Aurvana Live! at work right now. It has bio-cell driver from Foster (Fostex), right? I'm using tone control pre-amp to adjust it to my liking. Could you share what mods you've done to yours?

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #11 of 155
Yes, aurvana has bio-cell the problem here is all these full sized 40mm,50mm bio cell diag. are too thick hence too slow to vibrate the finer softer details of lower levels of sounds. Like the decays/echo/surround/room acoustics/finer softer sounds etc.
You can just fill some dampening foam inside the cup to reduce mid bass bloat make bass deeper. But to me these are old tech as you can see I have bunch of high priced hp/amps to compare with, conclusion is just buy the EP05 and call it a day.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #12 of 155
Can you add a direct link for both, and what's the best for movies from the two?
Thank you.
Note : nevermind, just ordered two pairs of each as I like earbuds and if they are that great as you say I will buy lots more just for the sake of it.:)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #13 of 155
Can you add a direct link for both, and what's the best for movies from the two?
Thank you.
Note : nevermind, just ordered two pairs of each as I like earbuds and if they are that great as you say I will buy lots more just for the sake of it.:)t dy
EP05 for movies [sounds better than in a real movie theater]/games/live/all round dance/metal most dynamic/explosions excitement.
JC10 for relaying/meditation/sleeping/classic/reduce headache flat/smoothing.

They are amazing it has the speed/(smooth)details of the electrostats Plus the full bass of full size hp minus the weight/sweat/ext. amp., just plugnplay gets Full dynamics sounds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20211004034051&SearchText=ep05

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20211004034317&SearchText=jc10

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #15 of 155
EP05 for movies [sounds better than in a real movie theater]/games/live/all round dance/metal most dynamic/explosions excitement.
JC10 for relaying/meditation/sleeping/classic/reduce headache flat/smoothing.

They are amazing it has the speed/(smooth)details of the electrostats Plus the full bass of full size hp minus the weight/sweat/ext. amp., just plugnplay gets Full dynamics sounds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...store_pc_allProduct.8148356.72.69713910HsVnmk
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.24.5c985fbe4XtRis
What's very interesting, is that you had/have lots oh high end headphones ( expensive ) yet you rate these earbuds very high.
One of the few best headphones for me is the Pioneer SE Master 1, i really like it and if the earbuds sound even 10% like it, I will be very happy.
Also I would like to try the new IE900, so you have experience with any?
Also is it worth upgrading the cable to a better one and maybe a 4.4 balanced termination?
The earbuds are very cheap, lots of people should buy one at least to try them out.
I remember and still use Blon BL-03, and the Monk, the 5 USD earbud.👍😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back