JBuds J3 Micro Atomic?
Oct 25, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 21
Interesting, anyone have any reviews? I had the J2 and they weren't that great IMO. It's great to see that they actually bothered to slap on filters onto the J3, just wonder how they sound like...

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspartame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no reviews on amazon...
Does it really take this long to review?

Amazon doesn't review it's items. It's up to the customers who purchase the item to actually bother writing a review, so the time time to first review is pretty undetermined. Plus, who trusts amazon reviews anyway? We should all be using Skullcrushers if we did.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vostrocity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are 3 reviews on Amazon now, but they're all fluff. Oddly they're not listed on JBuds official site nor can they be found on Google Products. They look very nice, and being the sequel to a somewhat good model, I hope they are a good deal for $30.

I hope they are better than the J2's. I could return my J2's that I just got and get the J3s.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 21
IMO the J2's sounded like a bag of hammered excrement. Those are professed to be "Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds" and displeased me mucho - so I would certainly be leery of the J3's, even for ~30 USD.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mritt400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO the J2's sounded like a bag of hammered excrement. Those are professed to be "Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds" and displeased me mucho - so I would certainly be leery of the J3's, even for ~30 USD.

Yeah, FWIR the CX300 is better than the J2, which is certainly saying very little for them.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 21
Hello,

We appreciate Head-Fi’s interest in the J3 product line. JLab has a lot of respect for the Head-Fi community and we are really interested in getting feedback from the community on the exciting new J3 Micro Atomics.

After our release of the J2’s, we listened to our customer feedback in developing the J3’s. We went to a sleek, durable aluminum housing with incredible resonant qualities. All components are sleek anodized aluminum with laser engraved logos. We reinforced and streamlined the stress relief joints. The housing is the slimmest of any of our products, offering a super comfortable fit for any size ear. We now include four different size silicone tips, including XS, and we are about to release a new line of custom double flange tips in matching colors for an even greater level of comfort and noise isolation. Then we added the free deluxe travel case that is both durable and highly portable.

As part of JLab’s commitment to the environment, the Micro Atomics come in a minimalistic, completely recyclable cardboard package that doubles as the shipping box, eliminating all plastic blister and the vast majority of the packaging normally used to fulfill headphones.

We strongly believe that the J3’s are our best sounding earphones and our best overall value yet and we are proud to introduce them to the Head-Fi community with a special offer. The first ten users to contact us through our website and mention Head-Fi will receive a free pair of J3 Micro Atomics for your review, sent to you at no charge. Just let us know your address, e-mail address, and color preference and we will ship them out to you.

By the way, in regards to the issue of “too much treble” mentioned in a review, the J3’s feature a highly accurate and sensitive micro driver which is going to let you hear more of what's there in the original audio source. Cheaper buds roll off the highs and lows and some users of value earbuds may have never heard the true high end before. In the case of low-quality recordings such as a web video recorded with a desktop microphone, AM radio, or low-quality MP3’s, there may be ambient hiss in the recording itself, which is going to come through with the J3. However, we are confident that if you are listening to high quality recordings with a high-quality audio device, you will be really happy with the frequency response from the J3’s.

JLab recently launched a test track page on http://www.jlabaudio.com with some good sample tracks to test your buds, as well as a burn in page featuring a specially formulated track with white noise, pink noise, radio white noise, 20-20000 Hz frequency sweeps, 10-30000 Hz frequency sweeps, 20-200 Hz frequency as well as a minute of silence in between each for a rest period.

Please let us know what you think of our new product and our new web-based tools. We appreciate the honest, informed feedback of the Head-Fi community and look forward to hearing from you!

Warm Regards,
Team JLab

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #14 of 21
Sample request submitted. Would've done so anyway, but this is just an open invitation
wink.gif

Great to see more manufacturers not normally mentioned on head-fi taking an interest in high(er)-fidelity audio. Curious about this "micro driver". The only other earphones marketed as 'micro driver' that I own are the JVC HA-FXC50, and they're pretty darn good.

Also, that burn in page can be a lifesafer for new head-fiers. That is the one question endlessly repeated here.

Edit: not sure I dig the reasoning behind releasing a product at significant markdown. Seems like this is just to create an illusion of value by making the customer feel like they're getting an $80 product for $30.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 21
im gladly to try one.
i was really impressed with their customer service.
my friend had a jbud j2 and ripped its cables. he emailed the customer service for warranty. got quick responds and a new replacement arrived in a few day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back