Jbud JBDB
Apr 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pmartel

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all;

Been a while since I've been on and after a frustrating experience with the Monster Copper Pro Turbines, I gave up for a while and went on the cheap.

BOTH pair of Monster's I had received ended up loosing the left channel. All I can say is thank God, I didn't pay for them.

Having put up with God awful cheapies with ONE exception, a pair of Memorex DB+, I decided to try the Jbud JBDB's 

Sad to have to spend a ton of money on supposedly good ear buds to crap out in a short time.

So here is what I found with the JBDB's as this is what I wrote on the Amazon.ca site.

I might add that with my Electric Avenues PAV version 1, the sound of my current system is much like that of my 1973 Marantz 2230 receiver and a pair of compact monitors

So if anyone is looking for a good budget headphone in Canada, go with these, but RIDICULOUSLY cheap in the US;

Here's my Amazon.ca review so hope this helps for a budget headphone

[size=small]I got these based on what I have read on line and decided to give them a shot.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]First off, I'm a veteran audiophile of over 30 years and quite happy with my current portable system, a Sandisk clip 4gb and Electric Avenues PAV headphone amp.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]I had the honour of being part of the Monster Copper Pro Turbines review, but sadly after the 2nd pair left channel gave out I gave up. What I LOVED about those was the extended SOLID bass for earbuds and good imaging.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Now, onto the JBuds. VERY INTERESTING headphone to say the least in a good way. For me my one problem was fit, but I'll get to that later.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]These DO require burn in. They sound okay at first, but once broken in, MAGIC and here's where I'll get to the fit part of it. The original ear tips have a problem for fit with my ear canal. SO, I decided to see if I could use the Monster large flanged tips. BINGO and here's where the magic kicks in.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]VERY nice high frequencies with absolute minimal high frequency glare associated with cheap head phones. Imaging in complex passages is incredibly clean and uncluttered. Classical music shines in this respect with a gorgeous liquid, silky upper mid-range on strings.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]The ONLY thing I could find fault with is bass. DON'T expect deep, extended booming bass. What you will get is a very TIGHT, solid bass much like listening to a good compact monitor speaker.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]As for build quality, time will tell. IF I get more than 6 months out of a budget headphone, THEN I've got a winner.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Overall, I'd be very happy to recommend these. These have true potential to be a major contender amongst the name brands. IF JLab could get a version of the flanged ear tips, this would be the ultimate budget headphone, so hopefully JLab sees this. That's why 4 stars instead of 5[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back