JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Nov 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PARKYG

New Head-Fier
Just Wondering which one would be better. I previously owner the S4's but they broke and right now the JBuds are on sale for $20 on amazon. How do they compare in sound quality, durability, and comffort.

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 7
i haven't heard either, but please note that the jbuds aren't on sale, that is the price most retailers sell them for. 

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 7
The JBuds are $30 earphones at best, the Klipschs are $80 ones. Durability should be about even but the Klipschs are more comfortable and way better-sounding. The JLabs are treble-heavy so if you like rumbly bass they are  not for you. Aside from that and the lack of soundstage they are decent.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 7
I own both the j2's and the j3s. They are both similar in terms of comfort and sound quality. I actually liked the j2's better in terms of sound quality but the j3's are pretty good also. also the j3's leak more sound from them than the j2's. as far as the klipsch s4's go, I haven't owned them so I couldn't tell you much about those.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 7
I have both and also have the J2. I actually like the J2 the most. They sound best with the music I have. I like all of them though. I do find  that I have to turn the S4 up higher than the other two. One great thing about the J2 is that if you lose them on a trip, you just buy another pair, only 15 bones.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 7
I have owned both and even though I'm not a big fan of the S4, between these two the S4 is much superior in sound quality. They are really not in the same league as the price clearly reflects. Do keep in mind that the S4 has a lot of bass.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 7
I had the J3 and didn't like its sound signature !
Its way too 'cold' for me and the treble o/p is very dissapointing but bass is ok after EQing.

An yeah, YMMV !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back