JBL220 on sale at Staples.com today
Feb 16, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spend 1 cent more & get free delivery. Will NOT deliver outside continental US. Delivers to street addresses only. Not listed on Staples Canada web-site.

Steve

Crap! I was so excited to see the deal I didn't notice the free delivery option.

<sigh>

Win some, lose some! Thanks for letting everyone know!

(Maybe I can cancel and re-order?)

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 32
Sweet, I have some being held at my local staples for the special price. Would anyone recommend these over the vibes, I am currently looking for a mobile and microphonicless counterpart to my er-4ps.

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 32
I still have some microphonics problems with the 220s. Not as bad as the E2c I had, but it's noticable if you let the cord dangle in front of you while moving around.

Anyone tried the 210s? I have PK2s on the way, but I've been wanting to try good buds for a while and am thinking about picking these up since on sale.

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #10 of 32
Damn you Head-Fi! I didn't really need paperclips. The easy button thing is a bunch of crap too, it took forever to place my order. I hope these sound at least close to as good as the K81dj, then I won't have to lug them around with me anymore.

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by sindisil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scored myself some 220s. Can't wait to see how much of a step up they are from my current JVC HS-FX55s!

I like them quite a bit more than the FX55. It's kind of like an improved FX55 to be honest, with strong bass, but better mids and detail. I like the tips from the FX55 better so I'm using those with my 220s.

Quote:

Sweet, I have some being held at my local staples for the special price. Would anyone recommend these over the vibes, I am currently looking for a mobile and microphonicless counterpart to my er-4ps.

The 220s have more microphonics than my er6i. Not sure how they would compare to er4p since it's been awhile since I listened to them. I'm thinking of buying an etymotic shirt clip (for ER6) to reduce microphonics with them. The clip works pretty well with my ER6i.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 32
Try running your cables up over the top of your ears and around the back side instead of just dangling straight down. When I wear my 220's this way the microphonics are completely eliminated. (eliminated, not just reduced)

The difference is amazing.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcramen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make it $50 and then add coupon from ebay ($20 off $50)
do the math and save money!

Coupon?!
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back