JBL LSR305 connection to Xonar STX
Oct 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Prof1

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of JBL LSR305s and am still somewhat confused about the best way to connect them to my Xonar Essence STX. If someone could recommend the right cable/s to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

I've also read back-and-forth arguments regarding the unbalanced connection that would result from this, and whether or not it would impede the sound quality. Could anyone shed any light on this as well? Thanks.

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Use an RCA plug to mono 1/4" plug cable, to connect the STX to the LSR305.
This Hosa CPR201 cable will do the job
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CPR201

As the STX line-outs (RCA) are un-balanced.
So can'r see wasting time arguing about balanced verses un-balanced.
To invest in a DAC that has balanced outputs and offers a better DAC function (audio quality) then the STX, is I'm guessing way more money, then what you would like to spend. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the recommendation! I would be looking to move to an external audio interface down the line, but I assume the LSR305s are still going to sound pretty great on the STX at the moment, barring any interference issues? 

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 5
  Thanks for the recommendation! I would be looking to move to an external audio interface down the line, but I assume the LSR305s are still going to sound pretty great on the STX at the moment, barring any interference issues? 

The LSR305 will sound good with the STX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back