JBL Loft 30 Book Shelf Speakers
Nov 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rhuidk

Head-Fier
For Black Friday, I was able to pick up this set of speakers for 39.99 (normally 100+) at Fry's. I just picked this up without doing any prior research while I was shopping for computer parts as I needed a set of speakers for my new desktop. I'm really not familiar with how these book shelf speakers work with pcs or anything about book shelf speakers lol. It looks like I'm going to need a receiver/amp to drive these speakers. (Which one do I need?) I do have a headphone amplifier, Tralucent T1 amp. Is this amp able to drive these speakers? If not, what would you suggest for under $30-40? 

Furthermore, anyone have any info on these speakers? There really isn't much info out there.. :/ 

Or, is anyone able to suggest some nice set of speakers that can be used with pcs for under $50?

Thanks guys! Any comments/thoughts would be really appreciated!

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 10
Looking at the specs of those JBLs @ 89dB, i'd say the Lepai LP2020+ is a good match ^^ I have a PC audio set up with some Polks and they do excellent together ^^

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the reply! 

Yeah, after doing little bit of research, it looks like that's one of the best affordable amp I can connect with the speakers. 

I just opened up the box of speakers and it looks like there isn't any cables included.. 

Which cables do I need to connect speakers to Lepai and then Lepai to the computer? Any budget, affordable cables recommendation? 

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 10
Oh yeah by the way, should I keep these speakers or return them and get a better one for similar price? 

I thought the black friday sale was a steal.. but there is no review/any info about these speakers on the web :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 10
You'd need speaker wire and a 3.5mm to RCA (red/white) audio cable. Well given the price u got it for i doubt you can do better unless there are some awesome deals still floating around?

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 10
So what did you think about them?
I picked up a pair and am very pleased with the big sound from such a small speaker.
Only had them a few days,
but have put them through the paces with many hours of listening,
and so far I am very pleased.

Of course the after Christmas price really helped in the overall value
but if they did not sound good,
even the low price would have meant nothing.

So grab a pair, and see what you think....
I'm glad I did.......

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 10
It's been a while since I bought it and thankfully I didn't return them :D 

For the price I purchased them, I think it was a steal. I'm using these with the Lepai LP-2020A+.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the big sound from them as well. The bass from speaker can not be matched with my Shure srh 940 can. I can actually feel the rumble from the bass now without ruining too much of the mids and treble heh 

Even if these speakers were priced at around 80, I think I would still pick these up. 

Blackspider57, how much did you pay for your set of speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back