JBL/Harmon Studio 180 Loudspeaker TWEETER Replacment parts? Questions? Advice?
Jan 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Radioboy86

New Head-Fier
Hello I would appreciate any help on obtaining a replacement part for my loudspeaker. I have tested all the Woofer/Tweeters and I now know I need the Top-Most Mini-Tweeter on the very top of the loudspeaker. Thanks.

My right channel JBL/Harmon Studio 180 Loudspeaker suddenly started acting strange after some feedback entered the speaker from my guitar. Now the loudspeaker is not playing music/etc at the sonic audible higher pitched frequencies and isn't as "sharp" as the Left speaker.

After some research I came to the conclusion that the topmost "mini-tweeter" is not working. I did a tone test on my receiver/amp and the "high pitch noise test" was not the same on BOTH speakers. I need a new "Mini-Tweeter" (Top most part of the speaker) . I have looked everywhere and would appreciate any help. Thank you.

This is the speaker I need the "Mini-Tweeter" part for :

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/Studio-180/STUDIO%20180_JBL_US?skuId=STUDIO%20180BK_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly

I have included a picture of the specifications and numerical/model numbers, info for the tweeter.

3000058005Z "Last number/letter might be a "5" not a "Z"
4 Ohm ROHS

attachment

Patented CMMD Lite 1" (25mm) tweeter

The CMMD® high-frequency tweeter starts as an aluminum dome that is sandwiched on either side with ceramic. The result is strong enough to hold its shape when moving rapidly yet light enough to eliminate

Studio%20180_CMMD%20lite%20tweeter_dv500x300.png

Thats the part I need. I guess Its just a TWEETER not a "mini tweeter" haha just read up and found out the proper terminology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back