JBL E50BT vs Koss BT540i? (Or maybe another recommendation?)
Mar 5, 2017 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fr0zensphere

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I came here after sifting through some reviews. Both of these models are well rated (for the price) and are marked down right now, to ~$112. But it's difficult to compare since there's no single review site/source that has simultaneously reviewed both models. Also I can't figure out the exact size of the cups. (JBL specs don't list it.) I would prefer that they go completely over my ears, like my Panasonic RP-HTF600 do, but some are saying the JBL ones aren't quite big enough for that. My ears are not big so maybe it would still work for me?

Anyone here who has tried both, or at least knows which cups are bigger? I care most about hip hop sound quality.

Alternatively, if there's suggestions for a model that's better than either of these in a similar price range, I'd be interested. My max is ~$150. I'd like them to be over-ear and foldable, so they can be put in a case.

Thanks!

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi guys,

I came here after sifting through some reviews. Both of these models are well rated (for the price) and are marked down right now, to ~$112. But it's difficult to compare since there's no single review site/source that has simultaneously reviewed both models. Also I can't figure out the exact size of the cups. (JBL specs don't list it.) I would prefer that they go completely over my ears, like my Panasonic RP-HTF600 do, but some are saying the JBL ones aren't quite big enough for that. My ears are not big so maybe it would still work for me?

Anyone here who has tried both, or at least knows which cups are bigger? I care most about hip hop sound quality.

Alternatively, if there's suggestions for a model that's better than either of these in a similar price range, I'd be interested. My max is ~$150. I'd like them to be over-ear and foldable, so they can be put in a case.

Thanks!

I like the AKG K845BT a lot but it could be slightly out of budget. Worth reading about, though. I haven't heard either of the two you are looking at--sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back